IT Support Specialist
MakeSpace is looking for an IT Support Specialist to help revolutionize the $38 billion storage industry. With our full-service experience, forward-thinking tech, & easy-to-use app, were making space more accessible to everyone. Join us as we help people live more spacious lives in 31 cities across North America (and counting).
Were looking for an IT Support Specialist to join the People team in our NYC office. Reporting to our VP of People, you will be an integral part of the company, & the go-to person for all IT related needs at MakeSpace. In this role you will be providing top tier IT support, & ensuring that all employees are equipped with the proper hardware & software to continue to scale effectively. If you have a passion for working with people across various departments, while configuring, managing & at times getting deep into troubleshooting, this is the position for you!
- Build out our IT & equipment management best practices from the ground up
- Use your advanced to expert knowledge in configuration management to help maintain a smooth operating environment across the company
- Manage the tracking of employee systems & enable additional features as we evolve each persons needs
- Prepare & configure computers & systems for new hires & execute seamless onboarding process
- Monitor our network infrastructure across multiple sites
- Manage our vast system of mobile devices
- Process returned equipment & prepare for reuse
- Handle intake & documentation for all hardware & software purchases
- Troubleshoot configuration, connection, or security issues that may arise & propose solutions for permanent fixes
- Be a leader in all things IT!
- 2-4 years of relevant internal facing IT experience
- Excellent ability to install, administer & troubleshoot hardware & software across Mac OS, Windows & iOS, both in person & remotely
- Must be able to independently resolve a wide variety of technical issues using current job knowledge, research, & external resources
- Comfortable & effective working remotely
- Strong ability to effectively prioritize work
- Proven analytical & problem-solving abilities
- Excellent written, oral, & interpersonal communication skills
- Passion for working with information technologies
- Base salary & a 401(k) with matching
- Generous PTO (we believe in our team having a great life outside of work)
- Competitive parental leave policy
- Multiple health care plans with fully paid options
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts & Commuter benefits
- Catered meals, unlimited snacks, beer on tap, etc.
- Team happy hours, events, & social clubs
- Free MakeSpace storage so you can take back your closet
- Beautiful office in lower Manhattan with massive outdoor spaces for lunch, work, & play :)
MakeSpace culture is built on collaboration & innovation. Theres tons of room to grow & opportunities to take initiative. You will partner with sharp, motivated teammates looking to disrupt a massive industryand have fun while doing it.
If this sounds like you, then let us knowand join a tech company that makes a concrete impact on the physical world every day!
We are an equal opportunity employer & value a diversity of perspectives & backgrounds at our company. We are dedicated to a policy of nondiscrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, or national origin.