KATERRA exists to help transform construction through technology - every process & every product.
We provide end-to-end building services, creating new efficiencies between design, engineering, construction, project management, & more. Our integrated teams apply the principles of technology & manufacturing to the building industry, bringing fresh minds & innovative approaches to remove unnecessary time & costs from construction projects.
At KATERRA, we lead from every seat. Our ideal team members are self-starters that embrace ambiguity, think big, & bring their own uncompromising standards of excellence.
Multi-Family Wall Panel Designer
Transforms initial rough product designs using HSB-CAD, or AutoCAD Arch into working documents by creating highly detailed models. Produce detailed permitting, construction, & shop drawings, files & plans for all wood wall components within Multi-Family structures. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, materials, & procedures. Relies on experience & judgment to plan & accomplish goals. Performs a variety of complicated tasks. May direct & lead the work of others. Typically reports to a manager or head of a unit/department. A wide degree of creativity & latitude is expected. Frequent trips to sites & or factory will be required. Support for creating & sending CDT files to Randek Automated Wall Line. General understanding of Wall Panel production requirements.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Produces designs for wall panels. Provides layouts, performs engineering, & takeoff services using ability to understand blueprints & customer requirements for specific projects.
- Co-ordinates with sales, estimating, production, engineering & the architects to achieve customer schedules & cost objectives.
- Resolves architectural & design conflicts.
- Ensures project files, shop drawings, engineering seals & records are properly maintained.
- Understands loading conditions & utilizes design software packages, HSB-CAD is preferred, (MiTek Sapphire or Alpine ITW or other comparable) panel design software may be considered.
- Computes load & grade requirements & material stress factors to determine design specifications based on customers structural design needs.
- Ensures economical & proper use of materials per current inventory levels & material costs.
- Demonstrates a strong working knowledge of the capabilities of the factory equipment & produces highly cost effective & production friendly component designs.
- Performs job site inspections & resolves customer service issues associated with the job.
- Produces materials list.
Required Skills & Experience
- Ability to read blueprints & visualize structural details in three dimensions
- Understands code requirements & loading conditions
- Understands field requirements & constructability of panelized components
- Strong command of mathematical concepts of plane & solid geometry & trigonometry.
- Expertise in HSB-CAD, MiTek design software, Revit or AutoCAD Arch.
- Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Energetic & self-motivated, able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Associates degree in a technical program plus two (2) years related experience or an equivalent combination of education & experience. TTT certification is preferred.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, learning & successfully working in multicultural environments.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- 2 Years of HSB-CAD, Revit, MiTek, or AutoCAD Arch.
- 2 Years preparing shop, construction, & permitting documents in HSB-CAD, Revit, MiTek, or AutoCAD Arch.
- 5+ Years of industry experience preferred
- Extensive experience with at least one of the following programs, HSB-CAD, Revit, MiTek, or Dietrich.
- Detail oriented
- Organized & excellent communication skills
- Word & Excel
- Navisworks is a plus
- Hands-on construction experience is a plus
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that KATERRA does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, KATERRA will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, KATERRA explicitly reserves the right to pursue & hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of KATERRA.