Mark43s mission is to empower communities & their governments with new technologies that improve the safety & quality of life for all. We build powerful, scalable, & elegant software that sets a new standard for the tools upon which our first responders rely. Our users are diverse, & we are therefore committed to embracing diversity of thought & experience within our team.
Mark43 is seeking an enthusiastic & people-focused Engineering Manager to lead development for our suite of public safety software. As an Engineering Manager, youll lead a team of 3-4 engineers building new features & maintaining happy customers. Our engineers will thrive & grow when supported by an inspiring, empathetic, & technically adept people manager. You will be responsible for ensuring your team meets commitments & deadlines, as well as personally helping engineers level up & become stronger contributors.
Our ideal candidate is passionate about helping their team grow as software engineers & measuring success. We will trust you to balance speed of execution with quality & technical debt, to build a product that delights our users. We also expect equal levels of enthusiasm for recruiting & solving challenging technical problems with your team.
What you can expect to work on:
- Coaching & developing your direct reports to improve both technical & non-technical skills
- Advocating on your teams behalf to manage their collective workload & work-life balance, while still maintaining high standards of work & respecting deadlines
- Working closely with our Engineering Director & VP to set longer term strategic direction for your team & our product suite
- Maintaining & improving internal processes to help increase the efficiency, happiness, & effectiveness of your team
- Serving as a technical project manager for your team: scheduling, release planning, managing backlog, & removing roadblocks that may arise
What we expect from you:
- A strong desire to help others succeed: we hope you LOVE being a people manager & you are most fulfilled by supporting the growth & efficacy of the team you lead
- A record of leveling up your reports & providing individuals with meaningful opportunities to flourish in their role
- Experience with hiring, including sourcing candidates, interviewing candidates, participating in conferences & events, & onboarding for new employees
- A solid track record of delivering projects & collaborating with leaders across the organization: including Engineering, Product, Design, & Operations
- Previous experience as a software engineer & up to date knowledge of modern software languages, frameworks, & developer tools
- 2+ years in a software engineering management position, with experience managing at least 4 direct reports
What you can expect from us:
- Constant collaboration with numerous Mark43 teams, including design, product management, QA, & customer success
- Building mission critical & socially responsible software to enable first responders to better serve their communities
- A team that respects & embraces your ideas & expertise
- Coworkers that are motivated by pursuing excellence, rather than the prospect of personal gain
- A workplace dedicated to supporting & bettering public safety & government agencies
- Leadership & career growth opportunities which could set you on a path toward future founder roles in your career