Compass is building the first modern end-to-end real estate platform by integrating agents, buyers, & sellers through technology. Until Compass, no one has achieved the blend of the Natural Intelligence that thousands of enterprising real estate agents bring to this market, with the Artificial Intelligence that cloud, mobile, & AI technologies enable. We are building AI to empower AI - Artificial Intelligence to empower Agent Intelligence.
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community of different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyones place. Our entrepreneurship principles bind us together & inform how we will tackle the tremendous challenges ahead.
About the Role
Technical Program Managers at Compass are empowered to drive complex cross-functional initiatives across our Product & Engineering organizations. Your projects will range from deep technical improvements such as performance & reliability improvement, to implementing scalable development practices, to creating new products & data initiatives. You will look for ways to standardize & ensure execution, efficiency, & consistency; resolve dependencies, evaluate technical risk, track progress, & set accountability for your initiatives while maintaining clear & fluid communication with high-level stakeholders.
At Compass You Will:
- Own the end-to-end delivery of multiple technical programs that may span multiple organizations & locations (NY, DC, Seattle, Hyderabad.)
- Work with Engineering Managers, Product Managers, Software Engineers, UX Designers, & others to plan & execute technical programs.
- Act as a key contributor to sprints & high-level planning, both quarterly & yearly.
- Own KPIs for your teams & your technical programs.
- Drive operational excellence & process improvement.
- Partner with Product & Engineering leaders to define a vision for your teams & the company.
- Provide programmatic leadership for technical initiatives that support our platform to power real estate agents, buyers, & sellers.
- Be a domain expert on real estate technology & products, & act as an empathetic partner to our customers.
- Create clarity & drive decision making with data & metrics through well-written executive-level & team-level documents.
What We Look For:
- BS/MS/Ph.D. in Computer Science.
- 5+ years of Program Management experience.
- Strong verbal & written communication excellent ability to influence stakeholders & leadership through data-driven reporting.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python/Ruby/Perl.
- Experience with reporting & database query languages such as SQL.
- Proven track record of successful technical program management in high-performance teams, directing initiatives across multiple teams & managers.
- Experience managing initiatives within large scale systems in rapid growth environments.
- Familiarity with modern software development practices & technologies (e.g containerization, microservices architecture, continuous integration, & delivery).
- Self-drive & ability to create a sense of urgency in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community of different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyones place.
Check out our Engineering blog!