Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where & Why
Twilio Technical Support Engineers - Personalized are the voice of Twilio to our customers & partners; well count on you to interact in a friendly & professional way. You will work with our customers & partners developers, architects & support personnel to resolve complex problems with potentially very costly & far-reaching consequences.
Twilio is looking for a Technical Support Engineer - Personalized to join the global Personalized Support Team. In addition, focus on providing friendly, professional customer service, while problem solving & demonstrating a high competency in communicating complex technical issues to both technical & non-technical audiences via phone or email mediums.
- 4+ years experience in a client-facing technical role, preferably in supporting REST API & ability to understand & troubleshoot issues with cloud solutions.
- Supporting customers with service level agreements (SLAs) of 3 hours or less, utilizing a ticket system such as Zendesk.
- Skilled in troubleshooting network connectivity issues, with an understanding of TCP/UDP, & basics of SSL/TLS.
- High competency in communicating complex technical issues to both technical & non-technical audiences via phone or email mediums.
- Advanced time management skills, ability to work well under pressure, & proficiency at developing workflows to increase troubleshooting efficiency while still following standard processes & procedures.
- Previous exposure or knowledge of Twilio products
- Prior telecom (Carrier, SIP, PBX) or messaging platform experience & understanding of WebRTC
A regular day in the life of a Technical Support Engineer - Personalized at Twilio would consist of working on the cases raised by various top tier customers & looking at ways to prevent future occurrences of such issues. Some examples include: examining packet capture data & engaging one of our carriers to resolve a one-way audio issue in Germany, providing advice to a customer whose web server is not responding to HTTP requests from Twilio, & calling a customer to discuss the design of a function for transferring calls between agents in a call center.
As a Technical Support Engineer - Personalized you will help customers understand the finer points of Twilio capabilities & influence them to implement best practices.
- BE AN OWNER: Use your strong technical & diplomatic skills to address customer issues & provide customer feedback to Twilios Product & Engineering teams.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMERS SHOES: Work with our customers' & partners' developers, architects, & support personnel to resolve complex problems with potentially very costly & far-reaching consequences.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Collaborate with your teammates & the Twilio Product & Engineering teams via Slack as well as filing JIRAs to report reproducible bugs.
- DRAW THE OWL: Be ready to assist our customers when they need us. This position may require working an irregular shift, including the weekend/holidays (Shifts are subject to change based on evolving team & customer needs)
Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. We only succeed at Twilio when our customers succeed. An outstanding customer experience with both our products & our service is an integral part of why customers choose Twilio, & your role is critical in ensuring the success here.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in time dedicated to tackling hard problems & creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world & we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits & perks to support the physical, financial, & emotional well being of you & your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work & be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.