ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands & products all built with one goal in mind to give fans new & innovative ways to interact with their favorite games, sports, teams, & leagues. Thats no easy task, which is why were so dedicated to building a winning team. And make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means well never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance & paid leave policies, were committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give.
FanDuel Group is based in New York, with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon & Scotland. Our brands include:
- FanDuel A game-changing real-money fantasy sports app
- FanDuel Sportsbook Americas #1 sports betting app
- TVG The best-in-class horse racing TV/media network & betting platform
- FanDuel Racing A horse racing app built for the average sports fan
- FanDuel Casino & Betfair Casino Fan-favorite online casino apps
- FOXBet A world-class betting platform
- PokerStars The premier online poker product
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
Were looking for passionate & experienced technologists, strong communicators & those with a commitment to continuous improvement. The ideal candidate will have the confidence to propose pragmatic solutions to complex problems & be eager to learn from & educate others. As a Senior Software Engineer working for our Daily Fantasy Sports vertical, you will work in empowered, multidisciplinary teams, autonomously tackling complex challenges that provide the very best experiences & products for a growing community of millions of players. You will own & become subject matter experts of areas of product & technology stack & will be the go to person for those areas.
You are considered a technical leader on your team. You work efficiently & routinely deliver the right things with limited guidance. Your work focuses on complex, ambiguous problem areas in existing or new software initiatives. You take the long term view. You consider where each system is at in its life-cycle & where appropriate, proactively fix architecture deficiencies. You make existing systems simpler (e.g. by consolidating redundant systems, deleting unnecessary code, or removing/updating out of date documentation). You are able to take the lead on large projects that require the work of your team. You know how to divide a software project into parallel work that can be performed by you & other software engineers & then reassembled successfully into a cohesive launch.You enjoy coaching & developing other software engineers' technical skills.
THE GAME PLAN
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- You take ownership of team architecture, providing a system-wide view & design guidance.
- You make things simpler.
- You write simple, exemplary code that motivates team write quality code & following best standards.
- You drive engineering engagement best practices (e.g., Operational Excellence, Security, Quality, etc.) & set standards.
- You work to resolve the root cause of endemic problems including areas where your team limits the innovation of other teams (bottlenecks). This may require you to influence software decisions made by other teams.
- When confronted with discordant views, you are able to find the best way forward & influence others to follow that path (build consensus).
- You actively recruit & help others leverage your expertise, by coaching & mentoring in your organisation (or at your location).
- You provide technical assessments for promotion to Sr. SE & Lead SE.
- You contribute to the professional development of colleagues, improving their technical knowledge & the engineering practices.
- You ensure your team is stronger because of your presence, but does not require your presence to be successful.
- On-call rotation where required. You provide excellent customer support.
- Most importantly, you are; humble & pragmatic.
What were looking for in our next teammate
- Degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Solid experience building & designing Highly scalable, Fault tolerant & always available systems.
- Good grasp in a broad range of data structures & algorithms.
- Solid understanding of design patterns & architectural principles.
- Expert in at least one modern programming language e.g. Java or Python or any Functional/OO programming languages.
- Good grasp on relational, non-relational databases, messaging queues & concurrency.
- Experience working with cloud-based infrastructure & technologies, preferablyAWS. Understating of containers (e.g. Docker), & orchestration (Kubernetes).
- Passion to automate your work by using scripting languages e.g. Shell scripts.
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, & drive.
- Demonstrated abilities driving operational excellence & best practices.
- Demonstrated experience in shipping high quality products & services.
- Familiarity working in an Agile environment.
We treat our team right
Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting & fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship & professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs & platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity & inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect & value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.