XXL Video Producer
New York, NY
XXL is looking for a Video Producer to create content for our YouTube page & social platforms. Were looking for smart & creative copywriters to write, edit & produce video scripts.
Who You Are:
You live & breathe hip-hop. You look beyond the headlines, & love dissecting the music & the culture. You can generate ideas & write scripts/treatments for a wide variety of programming.
- Pitch video ideas for the XXL YouTube page.
- Develop various video franchises featuring visiting talent.
- Writing scripts for video essays, daily news, & listicles.
- Review & give notes on all XXL video content. Including--but not limited to--video essays, interviews, lists, cover stories, & daily news.
- Assist in producing & coordinating shoots with talen in NYC & remotely.
- Capable of editing your work, either as rough assemblies or fully polished pieces.
- Also able to pick up the filming/editing slack when needed.
- A passion & knowledge of all things hip-hop.
- Writing for Video: 5 years (Preferred)
- Video Editing: 5 years (Preferred)
- Post Production: 5 years (Preferred)
- Video Production: 5 years (Preferred)
- Journalism: 5 years (Preferred)
- Motion Graphics & Photoshop Knowledge a Plus
- Able to work occasional late nights as dictated by the news cycle
- Strong news judgement & storytelling skills
- Attention to detail & accuracy is a must
Townsquare is a radio, digital media, entertainment & digital marketing solutions company principally focused on being the premier local advertising & marketing solutions platform in small & mid-sized markets across the U.S. Our assets include 320 radio stations & more than 330+ local websites in 67 U.S. markets, a digital marketing solutions company (Townsquare Interactive), a proprietary digital programmatic advertising platform (Townsquare Ignite) & approximately 200 live events with over one million attendees each year. Our brands include local media assets such asWYRK,KLAQ,K2andNJ101.5; iconic regional & national events such as theTaste of Country Music Festival,WE Fest,Country Jam, theBoise Music Festival, theRed Dirt BBQ & Music FestivalandTaste of Fort Collins; & leading tastemaker music & entertainment websites such asXXLmag.com,TasteofCountry.comandLoudwire.com.
TOWNSQUARE MEDIA BROADCASTING MAINTAINS A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE AND IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. APPLICANTS MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE U.S.
Townsquare Media provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Townsquare Media complies with applicable state & local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms & conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation & training. Townsquare Media expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Townsquare Medias employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to & including discharge.