What you will do
The fraud research team is a hybrid team of cyber research & data science, both working together in researching, detecting & preventing all schemes of online ad fraud like fraud botnets, ad injectors, spoofed traffic & other schemes. As a cyber researcher you will lead the research & detection of new ad fraud mechanisms across web, mobile apps & CTVs. Work with the team to build the systems to detect & block them at huge scales. DV is a leader in the Ad Fraud Detection space, as a researcher on the team you will be a world expert in the field.
What the company is doing
DoubleVerify is a big data analytics company, gone public in April 2021 (NYSE: DV).
We track & analyze tens of billions of ads every day for the biggest brands in the world like Nike, AT&T, Disney, Vodafone, & most of the Fortune 500 companies, if youve seen an ad online via Web, Mobile, or CTV device then there are big chances that it was measured by us.
We operate at a massive scale, we handle over 100B events per day & over 1M RPS at peak, we process events in real-time at low latencies (ms) to help our clients make decisions before, during & after the ad is served. We verify that all ads are fraud free, appear next to appropriate content, appear to people in the right geography & measure the viewability & users engagement throughout the ads lifecycle.
We are global, we have R&D centers in Tel Aviv, New York, Finland, Berlin, Belgium & San Diego, we work in a fast-paced environment & have a lot of challenges to solve. If you like to work in a huge scale environment & want to help us build products that have a huge impact on the industry, & the web - then your place is with us.
- Analyze & reverse engineer mobile & web apps that are suspected of ad fraud
- Develop & improve our mobile & CTV labs with focus on automatic ad fraud detection
- Become an expert on ad fraud bots
- Stay on top of new web, mobile & CTV technologies & assess their impact on our tech
- At least 2 years of penetration testing or reverse engineering of web & mobile apps
- Good understanding of Android, iOS, web technologies & networking protocols
- Previous experience with dynamic analysis (Frida - hooking framework) to detect malicious behavior is a strong advantage
- Data analysis skills (mostly SQL) is a strong advantage
- Previous experience with online advertising technologies is an advantage
- Bsc in Computer Science (or equivalent) is an advantage