Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
We are seeking a SystemAnalyst to join our Distributed Systems, Operations & Engineering Application Support Team. Responsibilities will includemanaging & maintaining mission critical 24*7 applications. You'll be working in a face-paced environment & will be a liaison between the Product Office & Product Development. You will also be working closely with infrastructure, security & other teams as required.
Specific Responsibilities will include:
- Initial escalation point for Service Desk Tier 1 for application issues
- Perform routine application maintenance including host file updates, log rotation, shell scripting for common tasks
- Contribute information to project plans & meet stated deadlines
- Compose clear documentation & reports as well as prepare Power Point slides & give informational presentations
- Maintain & update 3rd party applications (jboss, tomcat, WAS, apache)
- Monitor application performance (e.g. memory, logging, latency)
- Perform weekly code deployment to the Production environment
- Implement & maintain Performance monitoring dashboards using industry standard tools (Splunk, Thousand Eyes, Graphite etc..)
- Problem Management for Applications
- Code release into CAS (test) & PROD working with Product Development using industry standard tools
- Support application deployment for new & existing services or features working with different groups like Product Development & Engineering
- Support Customer Support on merchant escalated issues specific to applications. (e.g. increase latency)
- Master's Degree & 2 year of related workexperience,orBachelors and3 years of related work experience
- 2or more years of experience in Level 2 application support for critical applications
- 2 or more years of experience participating in projectsand facilitating meetings for IT initiatives
- At least 2 years of Linux and/or Windows operating system experience
- 1 year of experience supporting Java applications that run in Apache Tomcat
- 1 or more years writing scripts in BASH, PYTHON, Windows Shell or PowerShell or equivalent.
- experience with relational databases such as Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server or equivalent
- WebSphere or similar containers preferred
- Level 2 Application Support for applications & services at Visa
- Change, Incident & Problem management according to Visa guidelines
- Participate in change planning, deployment & review
- Monitor incident queues, troubleshoot issues & lead conference calls with other groups to mitigate impacts
- Determine root cause of issues & document it in the appropriate system
- Project management for Information Technology initiatives Participate in on call rotation as assigned by manager
- Facilitate & attend meetings for Business & Information Technology initiatives
- Write & maintain programs & scripts to achieve Information Technology objectives
- Provide 24/7 support as needed & work with offshore teams to facilitate around the clock support for applications & services
This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
This position does not require travel
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, & reach with hands & arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.