Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about publishing tutorials that your peers will love.
The Community Technical Writing Team raises awareness of DigitalOcean within the greater developer community by contributing approachable, education focused, high quality articles on a variety of DevOps, system administration, development, open source & product topics. DigitalOcean articles consistently showcase the teams care through their writing, technical understanding, topic flexibility, & output.
We are a growing team & are looking to bring on new & talented writers for a variety of challenging, technical positions. All DigitalOcean writers are united by a strong technical background, an interest in teaching & helping readers, & creating the most useful content possible.
If you feel that you have the background & knowledge for a technical writing position, wed love to talk to you & see where theres a fit!
What You'll Be Doing:
- Working collaboratively across the DigitalOcean marketing team to produce content on a variety of topics related to open source & distributed infrastructure
- Producing & evaluating topic ideas for future technical articles
- Researching to establish a working knowledge of each topic
- Maintaining existing articles by updating content where appropriate
- Coordinating with other team members to ensure topic coverage while avoiding overlap
- Participating in Community initiatives (feature launch prep work, strategic tasks, etc.)
- Assisting other teams with documentation & non-documentation tasks
What We'll Expect From You:
- Deep understanding of DevOps & Linux Server Administration, including experience with multiple Linux distributions, & an understanding of multi-server infrastructure & networking concepts
- Experience with infrastructure automation, application setup, & large production server deployments
- Understanding of & interest in the cloud native ecosystem including Kubernetes
- Excellent written & verbal English communication skills
- Strong research skills & ability to pick up new technical concepts quickly
- Experience working closely with marketing teams (and other departments) is a plus
- Experience in instructional design or curriculum development is a plus
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We work hard, but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other & take our no jerks rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical & mental health, & a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to & from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles & reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC & Cambridge, & offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. Were also very remote-friendlywe use Slack to communicate across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our office to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer, & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.