The RealReal is leading the way in authenticated luxury consignment, online & in real life at our brick & mortar locations. Founded in 2011, were growing fast & fundamentally changing the way people buy & sell luxury a multi-billion dollar industry. With a team of in-house experts who inspect every item we sell, our commitment to authenticity sets us apart & creates a foundation of trust with shoppers & consignors. Our mission to extend the life cycle of luxury items is leading innovation in sustainable fashion. Were proud to promote the circular economy & to be the first luxury member of the Ellen MacArthur Foundations prestigious CE100 USA.
Employees at The RealReal are dedicated, collaborative & innovative, & were looking for exceptional talent to join our team. Build your career with us & enjoy 401K matching, health, dental & vision insurance, commuter flex spending, healthcare flex spending, generous PTO, a mothers room, & flexible work hours!
The Barista is responsible for executing the vision & strategy of our CafeCafe. Candidates should possess an entrepreneurial spirit, excited to learn & grow with the team, while maintaining a strong representation of community & brand awareness. Responsibilities include ensuring quality of food & beverage are kept to the highest standard, ensuring a superior client experience, & being able to handle multiple tasks alone & in collaboration with team members.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Help The RealReal build an innovative caf experience connecting customers with high-touch food & beverage services.
- Food Safety (time+temp+FIFO)
- Ensure the caf is consistently meeting or exceeding the highest standards of quality in every drink & food item served
- Help to organize & participate in any coffee-based community or educational events, held within or outside of the store
- Be knowledgeable on all products offered, including coffee rotations, origins, & attributes.
- Be Knowledgeable in allergens & tailoring orders to meet customers requests
- Follow Cafe Lead direction & all SOPS set by management
- 1-3 years of restaurant or cafe experience.
- Knowledge & expertise of relevant food & beverage offerings
- Positive, engaging attitude with customers, especially during times of high-volume
- Strong sense of teamwork & a resourceful, self-starter mentality in a fast-paced environment
- Available to work retail hours, including Saturday & Sunday & holiday periods
- Food Protection Certificate (ServSafe or ANSI)
- Passion for coffee & tea, have the desire to learn more about coffee & tea
- Experienced with different brewing methods & experience on a La Marzocco Strada AV, EE or Modbar
- Ability to calibrate Espresso
- Proficient in steaming milk & latte art
- Must be a problem solver with excellent customer service skills
- Ability to multitask in a high volume environment
- POS, Table Service & Cash handling experience
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel & talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands & arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl & taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin,sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will considerqualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.