What You Get To Do Every Day
- Help The RealReal build an innovative caf experience connecting customers with high-touch food & beverage services through leadership of Baristas.
- Experience in managing a small team of 3-5 employees
- Responsible for food & beverage orders, Purchase Order maintenance & vendor correspondence
- Responsible for scheduling
- Responsible for daily, weekly & monthly sales reporting
- Passion for coffee & tea, have the desire to learn more about coffee & tea.
- Experienced with different brewing methods & experience on a La Marzocco Strada AV, EE or Modbar
- Ability to calibrate Espresso
- Proficient in steaming milk & latte art
- Food Safety (time+temp+FIFO)
- Excellent customer service skills
- Problem solver
- Ability to work in a high-volume environment
- Strong free pour latte art skills
- Able to multitask
- Ensure the caf is consistently meeting or exceeding the highest standards of quality in every drink & food item served
- Help to organize & lead any coffee-based community or educational events, held within or outside of the store
- Be knowledgeable on all product offered, including coffee rotations, origins, & attributes, through regular cuppings, product tastings, & self-education
- Work with store management to maintain alignment with the key store & company-wide strategies
What You Bring To The Role
- 3-5 years of leadership at restaurants or cafes
- Food Protection License (ServSafe or ANSI)
- Extensive knowledge & expertise of relevant food & beverage offerings
- Positive, engaging attitude with customers, especially during times of high-volume
- Strong sense of teamwork & a resourceful, self-starter mentality in a fast-paced environment
- Available to work retail hours, including Saturday & Sunday & holiday periods
The RealReal is the worlds largest online marketplace for authenticated, consigned luxury goods. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe & reliable platform for consumers to buy & sell their luxury items. We have 150+ in-house gemologists, horologists & brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by hundreds of brands, from Gucci to Cartier, supporting the circular economy. We make consigning effortless with free in-home pickup, drop-off service & direct shipping for individual consignors & estates. At our stores in Brooklyn, Chicago, Los Angeles, New York City, Newport Beach, Palo Alto & San Francisco, customers can shop, consign, & meet with our experts. At our 13 Luxury Consignment Offices, eight of which are in our retail stores, our expert staff provides free valuations. Founded in 2011 & listed publicly in 2019 (Nasdaq: REAL), were growing fast & fundamentally changing the way people buy & sell luxury a multi-billion dollar industry. Build your career with us & enjoy 401K matching, health, dental & vision insurance, commuter flex spending, healthcare flex spending, generous PTO, a mothers room, & flexible work hours!
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel & talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands & arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; & taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.