Company Description|Job Description
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay & be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision & the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people & businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash & checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics & FIFA World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, & excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience & security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team & find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Visa processes 100s of millions of payment transactions per day & has one of the world's most valuable data assets. The Visa Data Product Development organization (DPD) has the mission of unleashing the power of Data to drive global commerce. The DPD Technology organization is responsible for the strategy, architecture, design & development of Visa's data & information products, including Business Intelligence & Analytics, Risk & Authorization, Loyalty, & Commercial products.
The Business Intelligence & Analytics division is looking for a Director of Product Development. Our development teams are creating data-driven BI products & platforms that are used by thousands of users to gain insights & drive business growth for Visa.
The primary responsibilities of the Director (located in Bangalore, India) are to provide hands-on technical leadership, guidance & mentoring to the engineering teams, be a close collaborator & trusted advisor to the leadership team, & ensure the delivery of high-quality, robust, & scalable solutions. This person will be a technology leader, with experience in building solutions for business users, experience in managing versatile teams of engineers, & a track record of execution & delivery.
- Lead a team of 5-8 BI andsoftware engineers.
- Manage the development & operationalization of large-scale BI & reporting applications with thousands of users, in an Agile development culture.
- Identify & prioritize the key capabilities, define the technical specifications, create solution approaches & build execution plans in achieving the goals. Act as a technical expert & lead, participate, guide, & mentor your team on the design, development, enterprise architecture strategies & standards in a hands-on manner.
- Collaborate with Product Management organization, influence roadmap & advise on innovative solutions & approaches.
- Able to develop, present & explain the value & vision of proposed solutions to a wide range of audience.
- Develop strategies to meet business objectives with existing or emerging technologies. Ability to translate business concepts to technical terms.
- Apply creative thinking/approach to determine technical solutions that further business goals & align with corporate technology strategies, keeping in mind performance, reliability, scalability, usability, security, flexibility, & cost.
- Oversee & sign off design & development artifacts & ensure the quality implementation & smooth execution in production. Ensure adherence to engineering standards for all aspects of the software development life-cycle.Innovate & optimize for better engineering best practices & automation.Drive metrics-based platform monitoring & optimization.
- Serve as a technical expert & provide mentorship & feedback to help team members grow in their careers & leadership skills. Build & develop a high energy, collaborative, inclusive, & productive teams.
- Build relationships with key technical leaders across technology organizations & collaborate on promoting development & execution best practices across technology
- BE/BTech or equivalent in Computer Science or Information Systems or Information Technology
- 10+ years of experience in development & architecture for BI applications, Visualization & Reporting, Data Warehousing, OLAP, Hadoop, ETL frameworks, data analytics. Well versed with the industry trends, technology & products in these areas.
- 2+ years of experience in BI/Software/Data engineering leadership & management roles withincreasing responsibility.
- Strong expertise in Business Intelligence, SQL, & Data Warehousing.Extensive experience in working with one or more BI tools end to end (such as MicroStrategy, SAP Business Objects, IBM Cognos etc..)
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills with Agile/Scrum experience.
- Have a successful track record of leading execution of large-scale projects that represent broad strategic initiatives meeting quantifiable business objectives & resulting in tangible impact for the organization.
- Strong at identifying problems, solving complex problems with simple solutions.
- Outstanding verbal, written, presentation, facilitation, & interaction skills, including ability to effectively communicate technical & non-technical issues & concepts to multiple organization levels & executive management.
- Should be a technical leader who inspires people first through his/her technical know-how.
- Should have strong team management & personnel development skills. Able to establish positive & effective team culture in a large organization, influence culture & working arrangement with colleagues in US work locations.
Financialservices and/or payments processing industry experience.
Patentsandpast success in creating IP & innovative products.