Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
Our mission in the Partners Domain is to help our partners solve their clients problems. Our domain is focused on two major initiatives, the Service Partner Program & the Tech Partner Program.
Were looking for an engineering manager to build, lead, & grow a team of 4-6 engineers on the Tech Partner Program. This program of work is about creating products that enable third parties to build great integrations on & perhaps within Mailchimp. We want to provide a self-service suite of features that make developing on Mailchimp very attractive, to stimulate integrations that make Mailchimp much more useful to our customers. The project is in its very earliest stages & a large part of the role will be staffing up the team & getting them ready to deliver.
You can expect to work closely with a cross-functional team of product managers, designers, analysts, QA, & other engineers to build intuitive & delightful software. Youll be successful in our domain if you know that productive software development isn't only about shipping code.
About you (please consider applying if you meet most but not all of the points below)
- You are comfortable building a team almost from scratch, & hiring a diverse group of talented people to deliver on the domains priorities.
- You have several years of combined experience as an engineer & a leader of engineering teams, & demonstrate a passion for growing engineers & helping them succeed in their career goals.
- You have a proven track record of helping teams deliver large projects in small increments using an agile approach.
- You are adept at building & maintaining the trust that is necessary for a group of people to take on hard challenges together.
- You are adept at fostering an environment of thoughtful decision-making, facilitating open & honest dialogue within a cross-functional team.
- You recognize that when things arent going right, its necessary to talk through difficult topics, & deliver clear, candid, & actionable feedback that helps people get back on track.
- You are able to prioritize work, identify dependencies, & facilitate technical decision making to drive the success of the project.
You should be comfortable working in a distributed team as youll be working with folks in multiple locations.
Mailchimp is a founder-owned & highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed.If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.