MakeSpace is looking for a Staff Accountant to help revolutionize the $38 billion storage industry. With our full-service experience, forward-thinking tech, & easy-to-use app, were making space more accessible to everyone. Join us as we help people live more spacious lives in 31 cities across North America (and counting).
Were looking for a Staff Accountant to join the Accounting team. Reporting to our Controller you will be a key role in the day-to-day operations of our growing accounting team. In addition to the day-to-day accounting responsibilities such as account reconciliations & entering journal entries, you will assist with monthly close, external audit, financial reporting & systems implementations.
You can expect to:
- Support the month end close by preparing ongoing journal entries & accruals for revenue, expense & balance sheet accounts
- Evaluate accounting processes & procedures for which you are responsible by identifying gaps & improving systems, processes, internal controls & efficiencies
- Maintain weekly & monthly schedules performing reconciliations of balance sheet accounts
- Review invoices, expense reports, & capital expenditures as needed to ensure proper coding & accounting treatment by Accounts Payable
- Support special projects on an ad-hoc basis
- Prepare materials for external auditors as necessary
- Bachelors degree in Accounting
- 2+ years of progressive accounting experience in a fast paced environment
- Strong understanding of GAAP
- Experience in Netsuite preferred
- Strong Excel skills
- You have a strong work ethic & a can-do positive attitude
- You are a highly organized detail-oriented self-starter with the ability to work independently & within a team environment
- Excellent critical thinking & problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- A reliable, stable internet connection is required
- Base salary & a 401(k) with matching
- Generous PTO (we believe in our team having a great life outside of work)
- Competitive parental leave policy
- Multiple health care options including fully paid plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts & Commuter benefits
- Team happy hours, events, & social clubs
- Free MakeSpace storage so you can take back your closet
MakeSpace culture is built on collaboration & innovation. Theres tons of room to grow & opportunities to take initiative. You will partner with sharp, motivated teammates looking to disrupt a massive industryand have fun while doing it.
If this sounds like you, then let us knowand join a tech company that makes a concrete impact on the physical world every day!
We are an equal opportunity employer & value a diversity of perspectives & backgrounds at our company. We are dedicated to a policy of nondiscrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, or national origin.