Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about high performing team players who can take new challenges & go the extra mile.
The Staff Accountant is a critical member of the accounting team, playing a key role in creating, analyzing, & reporting timely & accurate financial information. This position will be responsible for tracking existing fixed assets, accounting for the disposition of assets, & preparing rollforward & amortization schedules for capitalized software. The successful candidate will champion the advancement of processes & controls & build impactful working relationships with cross-functional teams to ensure all financial transactions are reported timely.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Prepare monthly journal entries & reconciliations as part of the month-end close process.
- Process fixed asset additions, transfers, reclassifications, disposals, & informational changes for fixed asset accounting records.
- Prepare monthly rollforwards & various fixed asset reports & audit schedules.
- Review fixed asset invoice additions for proper capitalization, approval, & coding.
- Reconcile, review, & update the work in process (WIP) account monthly. Ensure projects are completed & assets are placed in service before capitalization occurs.
- Assist with accounting processes related to capitalized costs for internally-developed software including consolidating timesheets, reviewing inputs, & recording additions.
- Coordinate with other departments to obtain transaction information, research reconciling items, & resolve issues.
- Assist with the preparation of analytical reviews on a monthly basis for assigned areas
- Support the year-end financial statement audit & quarterly reviews.
- Participate in accounting projects & initiatives with other members of the finance team & other departments.
What Well Expect From You:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting. CPA certification is a plus.
- Comprehensive knowledge of GAAP.
- High energy level with the ability to take ownership & show initiative in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Experience working at a publicly-traded company is a plus.
- A mix of public & private accounting is a plus.
- Ability to quickly identify challenges, prioritize, analyze the root causes, seek to understand the rationale behind current processes, & propose solutions while getting buy-in from key stakeholders.
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, & other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We care about your physical, financial & mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge & Palo Alto, were very distributedwe use a number of communication tools to connect across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices & meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our Finance team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!