BuzzFeed (Ticker: BZFD) is home to the best of the internet. Across food, news, pop culture & commerce, our brands drive conversation & inspire what audiences watch, read, buy, & obsess over next. Born on the internet in 2006, BuzzFeed is committed to making it better: providing trusted, quality, brand-safe news & entertainment to hundreds of millions of people; making content on the internet more inclusive, empathetic, & creative; & inspiring our audience to live better lives. We'll continue to recruit the best founders & creators to join us in this mission, with more additions like Complex Networks & HuffPost to come.
We are looking for an experienced software engineer to help us build the next generation of machine learning tooling & infrastructure. In this role, youll operate as the ML platform lead for the entire ML function at BuzzFeed We need your help & expertise to build tools & platforms that allow data scientists & engineers alike to iterate quickly on training, evaluating, & deploying models. Your work will affect the way readers around the world experience the best content on the internet.
Youll work with engineering, product, design, & data colleagues globally across time zones to design systems, tools & libraries that not only standardize & stabilize all ML operations but also unlock new capabilities & pave a path for experimentation with cutting edge ML research.
- Scope, identify & improve dev velocity across BuzzFeeds strategic ML powered RecSys, Reinforcement Learning & NLP initiatives.
- Be the key partner for Director+ in crafting & evolving the team charter, strategy & OKRs & designing the technical vision & roadmap to support it.
- You are a passionate & empathetic engineers engineer who enjoys contributing to & leading multi quarter technical projects & working with data scientists & engineers at all levels.
- Adapt quickly to change & love to ship & iterate, building on insights & data
- Mentor & onboard software engineers & data scientists to ML engineering best practices.
- 7+ years of experience building & shipping internet scale software infrastructure & systems.
- 2+ years of technical leadership experience mentoring & enrolling engineers in high quality & impactful projects.
- 2+ years of experience building ML platformic tools including but not limited to feature store, experimentation tracking, online, near-line & offline model deployments etc.
- 2+ years with cloud technologies of AWS and/or GCP.
- 2+ years of experience in scoping & designing distributed data processing, developer tools and/or APIs.
- 1+ years of hands-on experience building & deploying Machine Learning/Deep Learning models in production.
Life at BuzzFeed
We celebrate inclusion & are committed to equal opportunity employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
You can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options.
- A generous benefits program featuring paid time off, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more.
We want all employees to feel safe & comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health & safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Note: BuzzFeed offers remote/flexible work (unless specified to be required to be in-person) & open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, IN, KY, MA, MD, MI, MS, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA, & WV. For non sales roles, we can also hire in AK, AR, AZ, ID, KS, MO, ND, SC, & VT.