Are you looking to combine your passion for technology with your penchant for strategic problem solving? Appian Customer success is obsessed with great customer outcomes. We deliver mission-critical business impact fast, & are directly responsible for partnering with our customers to bring their best ideas to life. Joining the Customer Success team will provide you with the support & growth you need to strengthen & evolve your skills within the consulting field.
We are seeking a Principal Acquisition Consultant to join our Customer Success Public Sector team. In this role, you will become an expert on Appians Federal Acquisition solutions, contribute to developing & creating our acquisition focused offers & engage with our customers post-sales to implement solutions on the Appian platform. Team members in this role may not work exclusively in the Federal Acquisition space, but also may support other initiatives for our federal clients These applications help companies drive digital transformation & competitive differentiation. Your primary responsibility will be to work throughout the entire project life-cycle to define, design, develop & implement custom software solutions using Appians low-code platform for our commercial clients. This includes working within an agile environment to understand our clients business processes & technical needs. You will also collaborate with clients technical teams & business users as needed throughout the entire software & development life cycle & drive adoption by empowering clients to become self-sufficient with building process applications on their own.
To be successful in this role, you need:
- Passion for mentoring/developing others & experience leading small teams through post-sale software implementation
- The ability to work with clients to define & adapt solutions to modernize & support Federal Acquisition processes & requirements
- Excellent communication skills, passion for technology & continuous learning, & affinity for asking why & solving the right problems
- Experience & familiarity implementing solutions related to the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and/or Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS).
- History of success on cross-functional teams; experience building products using agile methodologies (pair programming, stand-ups, planning sessions, & sprints)
- High level understanding of technical project delivery
- Ability to groom & write user stories, define acceptance criteria, & manage product/sprint backlog
Some of the tools & resources we will equip you with include:
- Training: During your first few weeks of joining Appian, not only will you go through comprehensive onboarding & Appian training, but you will also complete a CS specific bootcamp to prepare you for your first client project.
- Growth: Continuous learning opportunities are a key focus for our department. Whether it is companywide weekly knowledge shares, biweekly continuing education sessions led by fellow CS members, guild participation, or free online trainings, there is always somewhere to turn for technical & professional growth.
- Career: CS career planning concentrates on three main tracks - technical, focus, & business & its up to you to decide where your passions lie. Each employee will be matched with an advisor who will be your go to resource for all career questions & guidance. They can help with anything from questions about promotions to which track is right for you.
- Culture: Appians customer success group is quickly expanding but the culture continues to make the department feel like a small community. Monthly social events are planned virtually & in the DC area while our First Year Experience (FYE) group concentrates on creating a smooth transition for all new employees entering the working force for the first time.
- US Citizenship - candidates being considered for a Public Sector roles must be a U.S. citizen
- 5+ years of experience with hands-on software development or technical consulting
- B.S./B.A. in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics or related field/degree
- Willingness to travel; 10% or less annually to support customer engagement
- Existing DoD Clearance is a plus
Appian helps organizations build apps & workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, & data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources & improve business results. Many of the worlds largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, & simplify global risk management & compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers & throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth & opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate & our employees are to thank for Appians success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com & let us know the nature of your request & your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.