Fastly helps the worlds most popular digital businesses keep pace with their customer expectations by delivering fast, secure, & scalable online experiences. Businesses trust Fastly to accelerate the pace of technical innovation, mitigate evolving threats, & scale on demand. Founded in 2011, Fastly powers online destinations including Airbnb, GitHub, Alaska Airlines, Pinterest, Vimeo, The Guardian, The New York Times & Ticketmaster.
The worldwide cloud services market is projected to grow rapidly to $236 billion in 2020, according to Forrester As more & more businesses move operations to the cloud, Fastly is well positioned to continue increasing CDN, cloud networking & cloud security market share with edge cloud services that reach beyond content delivery.
Were building a better Internet. Come join us.
Senior Sales Account Executive - FinTech
Fastly has already disrupted CDN technology & now we are changing how CDN is sold. Our sales team engages in a consultative selling approach, learns the individual needs of each customer & delivers custom solutions. We focus on crafting a positive customer experience in order to build long-standing relationships.
The senior sales teams focus is driving revenue, adoption & market penetration in enterprise accounts. You possesses a technical sales background that enables them to drive an engagement at the CXO, IT architect & software developer levels. You should be a self-starter who is prepared to develop & execute against a territory coverage plan & consistently deliver on quarterly revenue targets.
If you have a successful track record of selling a highly technical product to consumer web, mobile, media & enterprise companies we would like to hear from you.
What You'll Do
- Accountable for driving business, & meeting or exceeding quota goals & MBOs.
- Effectively & independently deliver the Fastly company story, value proposition, & product demonstrations
- Develop & execute a comprehensive account/territory plan to drive revenue & market share in a defined territory or industry vertical
- Prepare & lead proposals, quotes, & contracts
- Handle account management for closed accounts to seek additional revenue opportunities
- Accelerate customer adoption & ensure customer happiness
- Develop long-term strategic relationships with key accounts
- Running all aspects of the sales cycle including: prospecting, sales campaign/meetings, negotiation close, account management
What We're Looking For
- 7 10 years of technology (B2B, SaaS preferred) related sales or business development experience with C-level executives
- Direct field experience & extensive customer network within Enterprise, Fortune 1000 & large multi-divisional/multinational companies
- Experience with media streaming technologies & content delivery network services, interactive services, digital rights management (DRM), content management, web analytics, website performance, cloud storage, mobile content delivery or handled web hosting is helpful
- Strong ability to close sales, run accurate pipeline & forecast
- Independent, self-disciplined & possess strong verbal & written communications skills
- BA/BS degree required, major in engineering, computer science, or MIS a plus
- Ability to thrive in a start-up environment
- Wehaveahugeimpact.Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only doour customershave a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number ofopen source projects & initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
- Were a Global Company.Fastlys home base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices & employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, 50% of our employees work outside of our SF headquarters! An international culture is part of our DNA.
- Wecareaboutyou.Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, & we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits, like generous parental leave, options for free medical/dental/vision plans, & an open vacation program that enables our folks to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
- Wevaluediversity.Growing & maintaining our inclusive & diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work & have the ability to be successful -- every day.
- Wearepassionate.Fastly is chock full of passionate people & were not one size fits all. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans & animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, & more. We love employees for who they are & what they are passionate about.
Fastly provides equal employment opportunity without regard to an applicants race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act & certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Fastly. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.