About The Role & Team
As Product Managers at Amplitude, we care deeply about understanding our customers & the problems they have in scaling their digital businesses. We work with them directly to understand their needs & integrate them into the development process of new features. We inspire our product development team by building deep empathy for our customers experiences & painting a picture of how the future we want to deliver will be different & better. Ultimately, we work to empower our teams to develop exceptional product experiences for our customers. We have ambitious goals for 2021, & as the product development team continues to grow, we are looking for a Principal Product Manager to help us bring new & exciting industry-first product experiences to market.
As a member of the Product Management team, youll have the ability to work with thousands of product teams around the world. By working with design, engineering, & more, youll learn valuable skills in team building, leadership, & driving consensus across an organization. Youll learn to translate customer feedback & discovery into tactics for your team by co-developing new features with our customers, all while getting valuable experience in the tactics of end-to-end feature development & release.
As a Principal Product Manager, you will:
- Collaborate with design, engineering, & go-to-market to set the vision, strategy, & roadmap for our advanced analytics capabilities
- Own customer problems end-to-end, from strategy to execution by working directly with our core analytics product team
- Work cross-functionally with design, machine learning, engineering, customer success, product marketing & more to bring new features to market
- Engage directly with customers & prospects to understand core problems & translate customer needs into crisp product requirements that empower designers & engineers
- Inspire & excite the organization by helping to build deep empathy for the customer experience
- Measure the impact of features shipped, solicit customer feedback, & iterate with design & engineering on new learnings
You'll be a great addition to the team if:
- 6+ years of product management or technical experience building SaaS products
- Have a successful track record of leading cross-functional teams to deliver great product experiences
- You have the ability to understand, discuss, & challenge architectural concepts, tradeoffs, & new opportunities with technical team members
- Define success as customer impact, not the successful delivery of a feature & have a track record of moving the needle on key business & customer outcomes
- You have a proven ability to make smart feature versus time-to-market trade-offs. You have demonstrated success building buy-in for an innovative & bold vision
- You can tell compelling stories that inspire action & motivate audiences
- Have an inquisitive, growth mindset that is eager to gather new information & develop new understandings of the world
- While not required by any means, a technical education (CS, EE, etc.) or equivalent work experience is valuable
Who We Are
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another & the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, & humility are core to the way we work: were tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, & we operate from a place of empathy & openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
We care about the well-being of our team: along with excellent health insurance, we offer flexible time off, a monthly wellness stipend, delicious in-office lunch, dinner, & snacks, commuting benefits, a 12-week parental leave, a generous Learning & Development stipend, & a full 10 year window to exercise your stock options.
The Product: Amplitude is the world's #1 product intelligence platform we empower teams to use customer data to build great product experiences for growth. Were super proud of what weve built & continue to build on: a platform that enables companies to thrive.
Other fun facts about Amplitude:
- Founded in 2012, Amplitude is backed by Sequoia Capital, IVP, Battery Ventures, Benchmark Capital, Y Combinator & other top tier investors.
- Twenty of the Fortune 100 are now customers of Amplitude as are innovative brands such as Atlassian, Twitter, Peloton, FuboTV, & Thredup.
- We have offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Amsterdam, London, Paris, & Singapore.
- Our mascot is the datamonster, who loves to chow down on all your numbers, charts, & graphs. Nom nom.
Amplitudes D&I Commitment: Amplitude believes that diversity enables the creation of better products, the ability to solve complex problems, & drive more powerful solutions. In order to make diversity possible, we commit to striving to create an environment of inclusion: an environment focused on psychological safety, empathy, & human connection, which will allow employees of all backgrounds to feel the care they need to thrive.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.