At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the worlds largest networks that powers more than 10 trillion requests per month. Cloudflare protects & accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance & a decrease in spam & other attacks.Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer & named to Entrepreneur Magazines Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious & empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves & learning new skills, & we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse & inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential & support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the department
Cloudflare is growing our People & Places team. Our focus is getting the best people to work at Cloudflare & then allowing you to do your best work. As we continue to build out our team, there are lots of opportunities.
What you'll do
The Places team at Cloudflare is looking for an experienced & enthusiastic Internal Events Coordinator to own a variety of events & meetups at our San Francisco headquarters & beyond. You are friendly, outgoing & patient with an obsession for organization & a knack for juggling multiple projects at once in a (really) fast-paced environment. Youre also a self-starter whos willing to do whatever it takes to help make events at Cloudflare run smoothly & delight all who attend.
- Coordinate internal & community events as well as meetups in San Francisco, Austin, London & Singapore
- Own & curate events & spaces calendars
- Communicate weekly internal events to global staff
- Handle booking of security, porters & food/vending as needed
- Ensure spaces always look their best
- Greet external guests & introduce them to Cloudflare
- Help to uplevel company all-hands meetings in all offices worldwide
- Manage setup/teardown of events spaces
- Liaise with building management on security & HVAC schedules
- Collect & report metrics such as number of attendees & leads generated
- Order/manage swag (t-shirts, stickers, etc.) as needed
- Partner with IT to arrange AV setup
- Work with Public Relations team to coordinate in-office media visits
- Create/update global events wiki pages
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge & experience
- 2+ years of experience in events management or a similar field
- Customer service oriented with an outgoing, patient & professional demeanor
- Effective verbal & written communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Flexible schedule (some evening & weekend availability)
- Demonstrated vendor management & project management experience
- Ability to lift & carry equipment (up to 50 pounds) as needed
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
Were not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. Were a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free & open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically & artistically important organizations & journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflares enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state & local governments have the highest level of protection & reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information & voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something youd like to be a part of? Wed love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people & place great value in both diversity & inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at email@example.com or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.