IEX Cloud is a data infrastructure & delivery platform for financial & alternative data sets. We build high performance APIs & real time streaming data services used by hundreds of thousands of applications & developers. Our platform is a highly distributed system leveraging modern database & messaging technologies.
In this role, you will provide leadership in establishing data standards across the tech organization by creating well-defined data models, promote data specifications & standard formats, build & maintain a metadata graph, implement data management workflows, & drive data quality. As a part of the Data team, you will work with Engineering & Product teams to implement scalable data solutions.
What you'll do:
- Drive & lead the development of data standards across the platform including Knowledge Graph architecture strategy & roadmap.
- Define the strategy & implement framework that will drive formalized accountability of data & ensure an effective enterprise data management.
- Be responsible for the continual design & construction of an optimized & purpose-built graph database architecture that promotes performance, scalability, & ease of support.
- Work with stakeholders & Product Managers to understand data model & business requirements & translate those requirements into solutions.
- Work with the Site Reliability Engineering team for end-to-end CI/CD deployment of the Knowledge Graphs & associated processes.
- Produce & maintain system design architecture diagram & technical documentation.
Characteristics of the ideal candidate:
- 10+ years experience in engineering or data.
- Experience with high volume, high availability distributed systems.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, & communication skills.
- Ability to operate in a fast paced, dynamic startup environment.
- Strong knowledge of graph & traditional SQL database solutions.
- Expert public cloud experience.
- Hands on experience with Graph Query languages (Gremlin, CQL, Cypher, Apache TinkerPop, SPARQL, etc.).
- Experience with distributed data frameworks like Kafka, Spark, etc.
- Experience with setting up data pipelines & building reliable datasets with graph & columnar databases.
- Experience working in or developing for a Linux environment.
- Experience with ML & NLP
- Experience analyzing & modeling unstructured data
- Proficiency in one or more programming languages including Python, Node.js, or Java
- Experience with deep learning frameworks like Keras, Tensorflow, PyTorch, & Theano.