Who We Are
HomeLight is a venture-backed technology startup revolutionizing the $1 trillion real estate industry. Our mission is simple we empower people to achieve better outcomes during one of lifes most important events: buying or selling their home.
HomeLights technology analyzes millions of home transactions to determine which agent or cash buyer is right for you. We also offer innovative financing & closing solutions, creating an end-to-end real estate experience that's simple, certain, & satisfying.
We pride ourselves on our company culture but dont just take it from us. Weve been recognized as a best place to work by Forbes, Inc. Magazine, & the San Francisco Business Times. Our team breaks barriers every day while staying committed to HomeLight's goals & core values, which is a crucial element to our shared success.
Who You Are
You are a high-performing analytics professional with a passion for data, analytics, product & strategy. You also have an eagerness to join a fast-paced tech startup & have worked at startups before!
What Youll Do Here
You will partner with & be exposed to a variety of teams at HomeLight as you navigate cross-functional conversations with various stakeholders & attend to ad hoc projects. Your knowledge around user behaviors, analytical techniques, & business operations will allow you to solve challenging problems in order to boost business & revenue growth. You will be responsible for driving & delivering key business initiatives & you will develop a deep understanding of all HomeLight business processes & act as a data & analytics expert for one or more business functions.
- Work directly with HomeLight stakeholders to optimize processes & improve the organization's core profitability
- Use statistical analysis or data mining tools to analyze data, identify insightful trends, & interpret the technical data into meaningful recommendations for other executives
- Exhibit a high level of expertise in helping driving the data strategy across multiple channels
- Support the launch of new products & features while working with engineering, design & sales
- High proficiency in Excel & SQL
- 2+ years experience using analytics to drive key business decisions
- 2-4 years experience writing & tuning SQL queries & building reports/dashboards
- Great verbal & written communication skills & the ability to interact with diverse groups including senior management
- Outstanding intellectual horsepower & the ability to think through a broad range of business issues
- Excellent analytical skills, including the ability to analyze data, draw conclusions, & confidently offer recommendations based on your findings
- Desire to take a initiative in your role & an eagerness to bend with changes & ambiguity when needed
- A team player mentality - as an operator in a growing start-up your responsibilities will constantly be growing & evolving
- Ability to manage, track & prioritize a large number of tasks
- BA/BS degree in a quantitative field