Database Administrator (DBA)
As a Database Administrator, youre looking to wear multiple hats as a hands-on architect, developer, & administrator. Supporting the day-to-day data management functions will help you hone your craftbut youll also be creating & maintaining PL/SQL scripts, procedures, functions, triggers, SQL, & Linux/Unix shell. Youll be converting project requirements to ERD diagrams & data models, as well as installing, configuring, & maintaining Oracle RDBMs & other databases like MySQL, PostgreSQL & MS SQL Server. Most importantly, youre a team player who can adeptly work the Technology discipline & its leaders, as well as cross-functional teams like Project Management & Client Services.
- Install, configure, upgrade, tune, & maintain the production, development, & tests of databases.
- Work with Oracle RDBMS & other databases, like MySQL, PostgreSQL, MS SQL Server, & AWS Redshift.
- Perform database patching for Oracle RDBMS.
- Monitor & maintain clustered databases.
- Monitor & maintain replication databases.
- Perform backup & restore of databases.
- Monitor the databases performance responding to database alerts & tune them as necessary.
- Develop PL/SQL scripts, procedures, functions, triggers, SQL & Linux / Unix shell.
- Plan & execute database migrations.
- Develop & test ETL processes to interface data from multiple data sources.
- Load target databases using transformations.
- Designing data models.
- Monitor loads & troubleshoot any issues that arise.
- Collaborate with others to provide support, share skills, & learn more.
- Provide database insights on client projects & internal projects.
- 5+ years of experience with Oracle 12c, PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQL Server, AWS Redshift, AWS RDS.
- 3+ years of experience using shell scripting in a Linux / Unix environment.
- Solid understanding of relational database modeling & design.
- Strong SQL & PL/SQL programming & debugging skills.
- Experience in performance tuning, query optimization, & index tuning.
- Knowledge of Backup & Recovering.
- Strong experience with ETL processes, data engineering associated with data warehousing.
- Solid experiences with AWS cloud infrastructure, AWS Glue/Lake Formation, AWS Lambda.
- Familiarity with design, maintenance & administration of NOSQL databases
- Strong experience with Python, NodeJS.
- Familiarity in the design, construction & management of Data Warehouse & Business Intelligence solutions.
- Management of data feeds utilizing both structured (e.g. XML/JSON) & flat schemas (e.g. CSV,TXT,XLSX) across a wide range of electronic delivery mechanisms (e.g. API/SFTP).
- Experience working with the project teams in a fast pace environment.