Foursquare is the leading independent location technology & data cloud platform dedicated to building meaningful bridges between digital spaces & physical places. Our proprietary technology unlocks the most accurate, trustworthy location data in the world, empowering businesses to answer key questions, uncover hidden insights, improve customer experiences, & achieve better business outcomes. A pioneer of the geo-location space, Foursquares location tech stack is being utilized by the worlds largest enterprises & most recognizable brands.
About the Position
The Client Solutions Engineering organization is responsible for custom & interim solutions & support that help Foursquare go-to-market faster & meet the needs of our clients & partners & for providing technical support for Foursquares products. We work with Product Operations & Client Success teams as well as directly with clients & partners to provide technical guidance & ensure they are able to use Foursquare products & data effectively. We are a high-impact team of scrappy developers working on the bleeding edge of the full suite of Foursquare products.
This role is to manage the Marketers CSE team which is responsible for supporting our Targeting & Measurement businesses.
In this role, youll
- As the manager of the Marketers CSE team you are responsible for hiring & developing a team of support engineers & data support interns. You are a hands-on engineering manager - helping the team troubleshoot complex systems to build & deliver data & reports to customers as well as training & supervising data support interns.
- You are passionate about solving customer problems & building a high-performing team. You are engaged & understand what the team needs to move faster & how to improve the quality of deliverables, & you advocate for your team internally.
- This is a remote role that can be based near any of our USA office hubs: Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle, New York or Chicago.
- Hire & manage a small team that includes support engineering, solutions engineering & data support
- Develop & maintain workflows that query, transform, cleanse and/or analyze data
- Triage unexpected behavior, navigating complex systems through log files, stack traces & data analysis to identify issues & provide solutions, working closely with Product & Engineering, & validating fixes
What youll need
- 3+ years in Support or Product Engineering, or similar interrupt-driven technical role
- 3+ years experience people management
- 2+ years experience with SQL (we use Athena & Hive)
- 2+ years programming experience (we use Python primarily)
- 2+ years experience with AWS or other cloud storage provider
- Fluent in shell scripting & comfort with command-line utilities for moving & work with files & data
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot through log files & stack traces
- Demonstrated experience supporting external clients or internal stakeholders
- Demonstrate an ability to leverage Excel or Google Sheets for reporting & data analysis
- Verbal & written communication is strong & well organized, with an ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Nice to Have
- An understanding of AdTech (Targeting or Attribution is a plus)
- An understanding of Location/GIS industries & working with data
Benefits & Perks
- Fully Flexible Workplace - work from home, one of our offices or a combination of the two!
- Unlimited PTO - rest & recharge when you need it!
- Industry Leading Healthcare - comprehensive & competitive health, vision, dental, life insurance
- Savings & Investments - 401(k) with company match
- Home Office Setup - you get all necessary hardware & internet reimbursement
- Family Planning & Fertility Programs - programs via Carrot & Maven
- Employee Resource Groups - to help you stay connected
Things to know
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives & backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users & team members. We value listening to every voice & we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company & products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.