Design the products that power global trade.
Flexports mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. To achieve this goal, The Flexport User Experience (UX) team creates end-to-end experiences for our clients, partners, & operations teams.
The Flexport User Experience (UX) team creates end-to-end experiences for our clients, partners, & operations teams. We are seeking a Product Designer to simplify intricate workflows & surface data in a meaningful & intuitive manner. This individual enjoys complex design challenges & driving clarity from ambiguity. Product Designers are key stakeholders in the product development lifecycle, from collaborating with cross-functional partners & informing the product vision to ensuring delightful implementation. To be successful, Product Designers must be relentlessly curious, embrace change, think deeply, & communicate clearly.
This unique opportunity for Sustainability Experience / Flexport.org focuses on the intersection of environment, social good & logistics. The product designer in this role will work collaboratively with Business & Technology partners to shape & create the future of Sustainability Experience (such as ways for our clients to measure, offset, & reduce the carbon emissions of their shipments), as part of Flexport.org.
Flexport.org is the dedicated impact team within Flexport. It is a critical part of the Flexport mission. We believe that technology should help solve humanitys most pressing challenges. Given our unique platform & services, & our position in the freight forwarding industry, we have an unparalleled opportunity & responsibility to help others around the globe. Since 2017, Flexport.org has offset over 295,000 tons of carbon (equal to what a forest 12x the size of San Francisco absorbs in a year!), delivered 16.5M lbs of aid to 60+countries, & has reached over 100M people.
The Flexport.org Tech team directly enables Flexport.orgs mission through building software that will scale the impact made by sustainability & humanitarian aid initiatives. This team builds products that leverage Flexports platform to make a real-world impact, such as reducing global carbon emissions from shipping, empowering nonprofits to deliver aid effectively, & preventing unused goods from being destroyed. If you are passionate about using technology & data systems to realize humanitarian & environmental missions, youve found your home. Come deliver a big impact for good, on a global scale.
- Work closely with your teammates across Flexport.org, Customer Platform, & the rest of the organization to create delightful experiences for our users.
- Conceive, develop, test, & iterate on product experiences that help our clients increase their environmental sustainability & deliver humanitarian aid across the globe.
- Advocate for our users & champion world class UX.
- Conduct user research & gather insights with guidance from researchers.
- Build prototypes to share & test concepts.
- Quickly iterate upon feedback.
- Inform the vision for your product & inspire your team to push the boundaries of UX quality.
- Incorporate Flexports design system into your solutions.
You Should Have:
- 2+ years professional hands-on design experience.
- Strong portfolio of product design work illustrating successfully launched products. Please include a link & password to your portfolio.
- Ability to clearly articulate your work & rationale.
- Ability to understand environmental & humanitarian needs from the perspective of the business.
- Firm understanding & application of user-centered design methods.
- Experience working with product teams in a dynamic, agile environment.
- Demonstrated strategic product thinking.
- Familiarity with data visualization methods.
- A degree in HCI, UX, Interaction Design, or related field is preferred.
- A "compliance first" attitude to keep our regulators happy & enthusiastic about Flexport since we operate in a heavily regulated industry
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. Thats why its our mission to make it easy & accessible for everyone. Were shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology & exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizesfrom emerging brands to Fortune 500suse Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, were experiencing record growth & are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions & people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, & the environment? Come join us.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Dont be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. Thats why its important to bring people from diverse backgrounds & experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. Thats why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated & engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating & nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical & mental disability, health status, marital & family status, sexual orientation, gender identity & expression, military & veteran status, & any other characteristic protected by applicable law.