Capsule is rebuilding the $425 billion pharmacy industry from the inside out with an emotionally resonant brand & technology that enables customized outcomes for doctors, hospitals, insurers, & manufacturers. Our team makes the same promise to each other as weve made to our customers, doctors, & partners: everybody needs some looking after sometimes. Well never lose sight of the fact that behind all the craziness of the healthcare system, were just people looking after other people. Capsule has raised $70 million from Thrive Capital, Glade Brook Capital, & The Virgin Group.
We are seeking a Staff Software Engineer to join our NYC development team.
About the role
- Own & build key components of our internal systems.
- Write high quality, clean code that can be read by humans & computers alike.
- Provide mentorship through code reviews & architecture discussions.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to solve customer & logistical pain points.
- Help recruit highly capable engineers to the team from diverse backgrounds.
- Python, Django, PostgreSQL, Redshift
- You enjoy working with complex systems that have a final product in the physical world.
- You have seven or more years experience writing production code.
- You have experience working in a startup environment (or strong desire to do so).
- You have a thirst for learning & a passion for new technologies, processes & patterns.
- You have a track record of taking ownership & showing initiative.
- You have a desire to redesign one of the most archaic experiences & the most frequent interaction in healthcare.
- Experience with the technologies in our stack.
- Experience working with at least one large-scale Python application.
- Experience working in Healthcare is a plus.
- A CS degree or equivalent.