SurveyMonkey (NASDAQ: SVMK) is a leading global survey software company on a mission to power the curious. The companys People Powered Data platform empowers over 17 million active users to measure & understand feedback from employees, customers, website & app users, & the market. SurveyMonkeys products, enterprise solutions & integrations enable 335,000+ organizations to solve daily challenges, from delivering better customer experiences to increasing employee retention. With SurveyMonkey, organizations around the world can transform feedback into business intelligence that drives growth & innovation.
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, & culture, we are building a workplace for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, & APAC where people of every background can thrive. Weve won multiple awards & received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental & bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, & Take 4 sabbaticals.
SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work & FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 & 2019, & the company has also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBCs Disruptor 50 & the Forbes Cloud 100.
Over the past two years weve become a public company & expanded our platform with enterprise-grade features in privacy, security & compliance, putting SurveyMonkey on the path to rapidly expand our presence within the Fortune 500. We have ambitious goals to grow our international footprint as well, & every member of our troop plays a critical role in driving this growth & transformation. Its an incredible time to join the company & be a part of our next chapter!
Does __surveymonkey__ speak to you? Then youre probably just who we need to help us build interesting, scalable solutions (and create maintainable systems that stand the test of time). See your code go live right away & have an impact today, tomorrow, & for years to come. More importantly, were a friendly bunch looking for a teammate, to learn & grow with. If you're looking to own an integral part of our system, let's chat!
Were rearchitecting our e-commerce & payments platform. Why? As a company that is growing rapidly, we realize in order to move faster, we need to rethink our old approaches:
- SurveyMonkey is a global company. This means you will be designing a system that will be used in over 200 countries.
- Were also going places with our code literally. Interested in cloud computing? Interesting in how to store data effectively? We have the problems you can help us solve.
- Our e-commerce platform handles 35+ different currencies. Were always looking to integrate with new payment service providers to optimize our growth & business.
- We need to manage scale & reliability. With customers all around the world, our services have to be up & running all the time. The system you will be working on supports the entire self serve purchasing flow of all of the SurveyMonkey suite of products.
- Were a company that loves to make decisions with data. Were a people-powered data company for a reason. We want to build a payments platform that can support A/B testing.
In this role, you will deliver innovative products & services at a rapid pace. You will be working very closely with product managers to streamline checkout & pricing experiences for our portfolio of products. You will be using a variety of technologies such as React, GraphQL, NodeJS, & Docker.
- Be a key player & mentor to a team of highly talented software engineers
- Own technical aspects of software architecture & development
- Perform design & development of modular packages, components, & frameworks
- Develop a deep understanding of tie-ins with other systems & platforms
- Set the technical standards & best practices across the company
- Write code & unit tests, work on API specs, automation, & conduct code reviews & testing
- Work closely with product owners on feature sets that impact platform, services, & frameworks
- Prioritize learning & identify opportunities to adopt innovative technologies
- Designed & architected scalable & highly performant front-end applications
- Core understanding of GraphQL & React
- Strong command of web standards, accessibility & cross-browser compatibility
- Experience building high-traffic systems
- Must work well in a diverse team to collaborate on a complete, end-to-end experience.
- Strong communication skills to collaborate closely with peers, & must value a culture of code reviews & writing tech specs (Not a solo hacker).
- Practices automated testing, believes & enforces good code quality & best engineering practices.
- Experience in ecommerce platforms will be a nice plus
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, 401k, paid holidays & parental leave, & equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.