Index Exchange (IX) is a rapidly growing advertising technology company. Headquartered in downtown Toronto, we have offices in 13 cities worldwide (London, Paris, Milan, New York, Chicago, San Francisco, Sydney, Tokyo etc.). Winner of Deloittes 2019 Enterprise Fast 15 Award, were a novelty. Privately held & profitable, there arent many tech start-ups like us. IX is a company with a lot of energy, limitless ambition & an uncommon commitment to humility. We work hard; we work smart; we care about what we do, & we care about each other.
Were looking for a Junior Lawyer who will report to the Associate General Counsel. This role is for someone whos hungry: hungry for opportunity, hungry to learn new things & hungry to be part of this companys exponential growth. This is a busy role that will ask a lot but deliver more. We need someone with solid contract drafting skills, a great personality & a lot of common sense. Most importantly, we need someone who will build meaningful relationships with our team, our business partners & external stakeholders.
There are three pillars to this role; the core deliverables under each pillar include:
- Drafting, reviewing & negotiating commercial agreements for the provision of IXs services both from templates & from scratch.
- Liaising with external counsel to assist with contract negotiations worldwide.
- Establishing & maintaining strong relationships with IXs product & sales teams to ensure contracts align with both product capabilities & business terms.
- Working with senior management as a legal stakeholder on strategic projects to help lead change at IX (i.e. opening new offices, finance driven projects, etc.).
- Supporting the Associate General Counsel by identifying & helping to mitigate risks.
- Serving as an internal expert for corporate/commercial related issues, working closely with external counsel as required.
- Evaluating templates, processes & contractual positions to ensure were: (a) optimizing our workflows; & (b) living into our corporate values.
- Suggesting projects of interest to support our expanding business.
- Considering next steps to allow for nimble adjustments to evolving business models.
Who You Are:
Passionate, curious & ambitious, we want someone eager to enjoy the momentum a fast-moving company offers. More than anything, we need someone authentic we want to know you, what you stand for, how you approach things & why. There are also some important credentials; you must:
- Hold an LLB/JD degree from a recognized university;
- Have 2-4 years experience practicing corporate/commercial law, with a focus on contract negotiation; and
- Be a member in good standing with the Ontario or New York bar.
- Experience in the digital advertising or technology industries is an asset but not a requirement.
Why Were a Match:
If you think creatively, focusing on solutions instead of barriers, were a match. If your business sense is practical but your legal standards are uncompromising, were a match. If you have a great sense of humour & a tenacious work ethic, were a match. We look forward to hearing from you!
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITYIndex Exchange is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes the value of every person in creating success for our customers, business partners, shareholders, employees & communities. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, developing & promoting employees without discrimination. Index Exchange believes equal opportunity & inclusion are essential to motivate, empower & recognize the best in everyone.
Index Exchange is committed to working with & providing access & reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Please let us know if youd like to request a reasonable accommodation.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIESIndex Exchange is committed to working with & providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 & the Ontario Human Rights Code, Index Exchange* will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment & selection process to applicants with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416.785.5908 ensure to provide your name, the best way to contact you, a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require (including any materials or processes that can be used to ensure your equal participation).