At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the worlds largest networks that powers trillions of requests per month. Cloudflare protects & accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance & a decrease in spam & other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer & named to Entrepreneur Magazines Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious & empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves & learning new skills, & we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse & inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential & support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the Department
Account Executives, Business Development Representatives, Solution Engineers, & Customer Success - all working together to help our customers adopt Cloudflare & build great Internet-enabled experiences. The sales team at Cloudflare helps customers take on real, technical problems while building the revenue streams that help the company provide free service to millions in our community.
About the Role
Based in London, you will help scale our new business revenues across both Mid-Market & Enterprise accounts in the Italian, Iberian, Israeli, Central/Eastern European, Mediterranean, & Russian markets by leading a team of Territory Account Executives focussed on these regions. The role will be one of a player-coach - i.e. you will carry your individual target, whilst i) coaching your team-members & acting as the first line of support on day-to-day matters plus deal strategy ii) working with SalesOps, Management, Marketing, Partners, BDRs & other sales functions to drive Cloudflares Sales Go-To-Market, brand awareness, & adoption in target markets & iii) helping attract, hire, & ramp-up high-performing account executives to hit sales targets & drive company goals.
- Carry & exceed individual + team quarterly & annual quotas
- Manage, coach, & develop a team of Territory Account Executives
- Provide day-to-day deal support & functional guidance to Territory AEs
- Source, interview, & recruit top sales talent in coordination with recruiting & your sales leader
- Own & drive accurate & up-to-date AE KPI reporting in SFDC for your team & provide attainment forecast guidance to sales management on a weekly basis
- Help define ideal Territory AE profile for your regions
- Help on-board & ramp up Territory AEs
- Set the bar & best practices when it comes to data-driven new business sales
- Document functional best practices & work with Sales Enablement to develop AE sales playbooks for both core & new products
- Work with Regional/Global Sales Management, Marketing, Partners, SalesOps, & necessary Sales functions to devise & implement strategies to drive up Cloudflares brand awareness & revenues in target markets
- 5-10 years experience in new business sales
- Closing experience & track-record of exceeding quota
- Experience directly managing a pipeline of complex, large deals
- Exemplary communication skills, both written & verbal, with confidence to develop & present ideas to varying levels of audiences
- Deep understanding of the sales process as it relates to Enterprise, Mid-Market, & SMB companies
- Hands-on leader that strikes a balance between strategic vision & tactical execution
- SaaS & Performance/Security experience highly preferred
- Salesforce & systems knowledge
- Excellent project management skills
- Prior coaching/management experience preferred
- Bachelors degree required
- Self-motivated; entrepreneurial spirit
- Comfortable working in a fast paced dynamic environment
- Aptitude to learn technical concepts/terms
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
Were not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. Were a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free & open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically & artistically important organizations & journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflares enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state & local governments have the highest level of protection & reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information & voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something youd like to be a part of? Wed love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people & place great value in both diversity & inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at email@example.com or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.