At Away, Digital Product Designers are ambassadors of the companys human-centered design values in the execution of our digital experiences. At this level, the Designer will craft digital solutions, owning the design process from ideation through launch. In doing so, they will articulate the UX perspective & justify their choices in cross-functional settings. Within the Digital Team, they are accountable for the identification & delivery of the necessary design output. Across the company, they facilitate relationships with stakeholders & collaborators in order to understand their needs & priorities, while upholding our standards for crafting optimal experiences.
As a company that values diversity, equity, & inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds & experiences to apply for this position. Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups & mandatory bias training, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their best selves to work.
What you'll do:
- Develop straightforward design approaches to complex design problems while maintaining a human-centered perspective
- Think strategically for long-term impact while understanding & accounting for technical & business constraints.
- Ensure the companys brand is accurately & consistently reflected in every design deliverable
- Create wireframes, user flows, & mockups to effectively communicate interaction & design ideas
- Deliver functional prototypes for user testing
- Effectively communicate conceptual ideas & design rationale to cross-functional stakeholders
- Collaborate with project managers & other relevant business owners throughout the product life cycle
- Work closely with the engineering team to ensure proper implementation & quality software launches
- Participate in agile methodology for product development, & apply this mindset to all aspects of your work
What you have:
- 2+ years of experience bringing digital products to life, ideally for consumer-facing companies
- A solid portfolio of product work that can speak to both your UX process & visual design skills
- Ability to pitch, educate, & define your design rationale to key stakeholdersyou can articulate the why & lead discussions around your process, explorations, & conclusions
- Ability to translate stakeholder goals, user research, & complex task-based flows into clean, usable UI
- Solid & up-to-date knowledge of best practices, developments & trends in web & native mobile design
- Extensive knowledge of working in & collaborating with design software like Figma or Sketch & interaction prototyping tools like Principle, Origami, or Framer
- Humility & objectivityyou encourage design feedback & are eager to incorporate new ideas into your next iteration (while being able to let go of ideas you might be attached to)
Youll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We believe that getting away changes your understanding of the world around you. Youll have generous PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And after three years with Away, youll earn a sabbatical & a bonus to take an additional well-deserved trip.
- Were not just employees. Were people. As a global company, our benefits & perks vary by region, but they align with our commitment to support our employees wellbeing both inside & outside of work. We offer insurance coverage, financial contributions for retirement, generous & inclusive parental leave, & a kitchen stocked with snacks & coffee to keep you fueled throughout the day.
- Well invest in your career. Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to do the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs & grow your career along the way.
- Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, company-wide trainings, & events, were building an inclusive environment where people can bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent & impact our team brings to the table, & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more! You can bring your dog to work & we also organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Launched in 2016 by co-founders Steph Korey & Jen Rubio, Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel. By selling directly to customers both online & through retail stores, Away is able to eliminate retailer mark up & offer high quality, thoughtfully designed luggage & travel essentials without driving up the price. In just under four years, Away has already been twice named one of Fast Companys Worlds Most Innovative Companies, & one of TIMEs 50 Most Genius Companies. Away is headquartered in New York City, with offices in London & Sydney. To learn more, visit awaytravel.com.
Away is dedicated to hiring a diverse workplace that celebrates an inclusive culture & a sense of belonging. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, & sexual orientation), national origin, age, veteran status, genetic information or disability.
Away is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities & disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.