What is BlockFi?
BlockFis mission is to provide liquidity, transparency & efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers & corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance & digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
We are experiencing rapid growth with our core product set & are planning to expand our institutional & retail products & presence, which the Payment Operations Manager will take a leading role in building & executing.
You are a process-driven individual who loves checking items off your to-do list. You are always thinking of ways to make complicated tasks more efficient, while keeping a keen eye on the big picture. You have a knack for foreseeing when a situation could be risky & resolving it quickly & appropriately.
- 4 or 5+ years of experience in Fintech or financial services (Startup experience strongly preferred)
- Prior experience working with Product teams in building & improving ACH, Wire, & crypto payments/withdrawals products & processes
- Monitor ACH & Payment fraud risk across the business
- Roadblock Clearer: identifies & resolves impediments & incidents & serve as the ultimate point of escalation & resolution for all client related operational issues
- Troubleshoot operational problems & collaborate with the engineering team to employ fixes
- Lead adaption of the Payment Ops Mission & Goals
- Process Manager: Helps the team inspect, create & implement processes.
- Work w/ all partners & cross functional stakeholders to identify & improve points of failure, resolve incidents & document process
- Responsible for making recommendations to Senior Management for changes in products, procedures, & policies
What We're Looking For:
- People management experience
- Strong communication skills in collaborating with different teams & levels
- Ability to manage up & down
- Process strong leadership, interpersonal & communication skills for this highly transparent role within & outside the company
- Highly process oriented & motivated
- Able to assess & resolve unclear situations with limited information
- Excel, Jira, SQL, & Google Suite experience
We benefit from the great work our employees do each day. That is why we are committed to providing a variety of awesome benefits to help them live their best lives.
- Competitive salary because we value your experience & expertise
- Unlimited vacation / sick days because everyone deserves time for R&R
- Employer contribution towards health coverage (including vision & dental) because your physical health & well-being is important to us
- Various fringe benefits such as 401k, Parental Leave, FSA/HSA, & Employee Assistance Programs because health coverage is more than just choosing your yearly plan
- Flexible work environment because we are a geographically dispersed team & we believe in balance
- Pet insurance because all of your beloved family members should have coverage too
- Weekly lunch stipend because there is such a thing as a free lunch!
- A close-knit team of enthusiastic, collegial & driven people to work alongside in a highly meritocratic environment because teamwork makes the dreamwork
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. Our client base has grown to more than 225,000 (and counting), & the company now boasts more than $15 billion in assets on our platform. We recently completed a Series D funding round placing the company's valuation at $3 billion, & our team now has more than 500 people worldwide. We have established ourselves as a crypto market leader, & as we expand our product suite & geographic footprint, we expect our addressable market to grow exponentially.
BlockFi's leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services & banking world, & we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth & expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto & are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans & the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets & regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $100 MM of Series A, B, & C funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, & Morgan Creek
- $350 MM of Series D funding led by Bain Capital Ventures, partners of DST Global, Pomp Investments & Tiger Global
- We are moving quickly & have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute & capture customer demand