All about these Boxed Boxes!
Boxed was launched in our CEOs garage in 2013 by our four founders; an eclectic group of experienced tech pioneers. They had a simple idea: to make shopping for bulk-sized products easy, convenient, & fun. Today, we deliver a first-class e-commerce experience for everyday essentials across the country.
Were a late-stage start-up that places technology & innovation at the heart of all that we do. Our technology platform & automated, state-of-the-art fulfillment centers make headlines & our systems utilize machine learning, predictive analytics, & other technologies to ensure a delightful B2C & B2B online shopping experience. While technology is at the core of what we do, providing a personalized, thoughtful & seamless shopping experience is at the core of who we are. We value each & every customer & every single order receives a hand-written thank you note.
Unpack your Potential at Boxed!
Boxed is made up of a vibrant & fun group of engineers, designers, marketers, salespeople, & operations specialists just to name a few! We work with passion for driving superior value & experience to our customers. Our customers choose to buy from Boxed because we save them time & money, which in turn makes their lives easier. Thats where you come in!
About the Role...
We are looking for talented junior/entry-level Back-End Software Engineers to take our in-house built e-commerce platform to the next level. The trajectory of our platform is to not only support the Boxed retail business, but also provide a full suite of e-commerce services (including storefront, marketplace, & logistics tech) to allow other companies to leverage the technology we've built over the years. As such, the team is focused on building APIs & back-end services that are easy to integrate with & provide functionality that benefits a wide-swath of the companies that elect to use our platform. As part of this team, we expect software engineers to ensure that all services are built to be performant, reliable, scalable & reusable.
We value any Software Engineer who can think critically & learn quickly. We often leverage open-source tools, & an API engineer should feel comfortable diving into the source code to fix bugs or understand the software when theres a gap in the documentation. Were a bunch of engineers who enjoy balancing time to market & robustness, & are comfortable making decisions that shape the way software will be built at Boxed for years to come.
About Product Engineering...
The Product Engineering team owns all of the technology that powers our world class shopping experience. You'll be working with talented product managers, designers, engineers, & data scientists to innovate in the key areas of the eCommerce industry. You'll be working on projects that span Order Management, Payments, Content Management, Sales & Conversion, Catalog, Loyalty, & our Marketplace Services.
- Develop, test, & deploy APIs & event driven processes supporting our eCommerce platform using Node.js, Typescript, & Google Cloud Platform
- Be a vital part of our backend engineering team, our technology team, & the company as a whole
- Think big & boldly as we collectively drive toward providing the best global e-commerce platform
- Collaborate with our product teams in domain-driven, cross-functional teams
- Write clear documentation & thorough automated tests to ensure code stability & to reduce maintenance
- Review your peers code to both teach & learn while increasing the quality of our software
- Ship code that directly impacts our customers` experience.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent, relevant work or bootcamp experience
- Demonstrated track record of taking initiative on projects
- Experience working with git
- Excellent analytical & problem-solving skills with a healthy experimental attitude
- Ability to learn & adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills it will be necessary for you to communicate your work to the rest of the engineering team through many mediums including stand ups, documentation, presentations, & intra-team workshops.
- Open source contributions
- Experience working with NodeJS.
Dont meet all of our requirements? Not a problem. Were always looking for fast learners who may have less than a standard path or the exact skillset mentioned above. Please apply anyways & show us why youre awesome!
OUR package for you!
Alongside our customer focus & technology DNA, we pride ourselves on our employee-centric mentality. NBC Nightly News called our CEO, Chieh Huang, Americas Dream Boss for our generous benefits. Our team enjoys competitive compensation plus stock options, flexible parental leave, unlimited paid time off, regular company-wide events, & lots of other perks just some of the reasons we made Crains list of best places to work in NYC. Wed love to meet you, so apply today!