Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Manager to join our Market Implementation & Operations team in our New York office & lead our State-Based Exchange relationships.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
Oscar is looking for a Manager to help lead operations & build strong relationships with regulators & technical staff at state-based insurance exchanges (NYSOH, Pennie, GCNJ, C4HCO, CovCA), & with internal stakeholders at Oscar. You will bridge the gap between regulators & operations to ensure regulatory changes & operational adjustments are synthesized, implemented, & monitored across a variety of internal teams. You will work cross-functionally with Insurance Operations, Finance, Sales, Government Affairs, Product, & Engineering to guarantee proper implementation & operation of dynamic business requirements.
You will report to the Senior Manager of Market Operations.
- Own account management & operations of state-based exchange technical & operational relationships for NYSOH, Pennie, GCNJ, C4HCO, & CovCA.
- Develop an understanding of the product, platform domains, architecture, integrations, stakeholders (including their roles & responsibilities), cross-project requirements, & timelines for all state-based exchange activities.
- Build a standard set of processes for teams to track cross-functional dependencies, deliverables, & product/feature launches.
- Communicate with technology & business teams to track progress, surface deadlines for deliverables, understand risks, & facilitate conversations to mitigate these risks.
- Share updates on progress & risks with impacted teams, Finance leadership, & counterparts at Oscar.
- Identify & lead the team through execution hurdles, especially across teams & diverse work streams.
- Run debriefs when deadlines are missed, share lessons learned, & collaborate with teams to get back on track.
- 5+ years of professional experience in the insurance industry.
- You have strong relationship management experience & can thrive under pressure.
- You are able to grasp complex concepts, are curious by nature, & ask questions to quickly understand content areas.
- You have strong project management experience & are comfortable with coordinating across multiple teams to build a centralized understanding of the overall status & keep teams on track.
- You read between the lines, connect the dots, & quickly identify opportunities & risks.
- Consulting experience or professional experience in state-based exchange implementation / account management.
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.