Lyfts mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. We care deeply about the people we work with & the communities we serve. To create the worlds best transportation, we start with our own team by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Lyft is looking for a hands-on Operations Specialist to help supervise operations associates, drivers, & mechanics on the Lyft Bikes & Scooters team in the Austin area. You will report to an Operations Manager, & work together to assure reliability & availability of our scooter fleet, as well as overall operational excellence for the program. This job is based in our Austin, TX warehouse. This role works a variable schedule including days, nights, weekends, & holidays.
If you share our vision for transportation that empowers local communities, reduces our environmental footprint & brings people together, wed love to meet you!
- Manage daily operations of our central maintenance facility in Austin, TX
- Supervise operations associates, drivers, & mechanics working in the facility or field
- Oversee, dispatch, & route operations associates to pickup, deploy, & reposition the fleet
- Refine playbooks to govern day-to-day operations
- Monitor & maintain operational & quality metrics to evaluate performance
- Perform analytical computer skills work & physical tasks including moving, charging, & maintaining scooters
- Perform supplemental work in one or more ownership categories assigned to you
- Experience supervising teams in a complex, fast-moving, rapidly changing environment such as a distribution warehouse, restaurant, or delivery operation
- Ability to work non-standard work hours as needed including working nights, weekends, holidays, & shift-based schedules
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a get-it-done attitude
- Obsessed with process improvement
- Evening & weekend hours may be required
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.