As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The role requires partnering with key Business Customers, Mergers & Acquisitions teams & Visa's Integration Management Office (IMO) to identify & assess key security issues for acquired entities, implementing actionable plans to achieve remediation of security threats, & diving deep on tactical security aspects of a service in need of extra attention while driving risk mitigation strategy for acquired entities. In addition, the role includes supporting all Cybersecurity needs & the overall work effort for M&A deals for Cybersecurity. Additionally, the role encompasses influencing cross-functional security diligence & integration teams to ensure all relevant security tasks are completed. Stakeholder groups include the acquired entity & the broader Security teams, Technology,Risk, Compliance & IT partners. The M&A director serves as a vital bridge between acquired entity teams & security teams.
The position will report into the Senior Director of GRC & be the point of contact into the Integration Management Office, Cybersecurity stakeholders, product & technology teams for all GRC & Cybersecurity related inquiries & deliverables associated. You should have strong problem-solving skills, excellent communication skills, a deep technical understanding of modern security threats, the ability to influence people from customers to managers through technical solutions to securing Visa's acquired entities.
- Influence a broad set of stakeholders to ensure Information Security is involved early on in M&As & be a strategic partner.
- Identify security risks & develop risk mitigation strategies based on diligence findings, & input from stakeholders; continue to refine the plan as the integration proceeds. Form secure mitigation strategies which provide a pragmatic roadmap for ensuring timely risk reduction for all M&A activities.
- Manage the full life cycle of day-to-day security integration activities including coordination of detailed functional plans, communication with key stakeholders, & issue resolution. Create awareness of cross- functional interdependencies & establish prioritization for plan execution to minimize disruption on daily operations.
- Coordinate security assessment, architecture review, & penetration or other testing of the target organization & develop integration plans to include remediation of identified weaknesses and/or implementation of compensating controls.
- Standardize & improve existing due diligence & security integration methods with inputs from across the Information Security department in order to comprehensively assess the target organization's technical environment, security posture & capabilities, & inherit internal & third-party risks.
- Capture best practices & lessons learned throughout the due diligence period for continuous improvement for future acquisitions.
- Provide regular status reporting to senior leadership & key stakeholders on the overall status of integration activities, including plan execution & risk identification, prioritization & triage.
- Support the Integration Management Office & associated deliverables
- Support individual SME work threads / functions, plans, & creating an integrated plan for development & deployment activities.
- Work with cross functional teams & departmental managers to properly resource the projects based on the required level of effort.
- Proactively identify & manage the risk profile of each assigned work thread
- Support the creation of executive presentations related to Visa M&A activity.
- Collaborate with functions like Corporate Strategy, Integration Management Office in risk mitigation activities & monitor Key Risk Indictors.
- Provide expert advice & consultancy to internal customers on risk assessment & support incident triage, threat modeling, & security vulnerability mitigation.
- Implement information security controls & patterns that support risk assessments & the development of secure architectures.
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- Previous experience with M&A & business development processes at large/complex technology companies.
- Successful track record as a security practitioner, including conducting diligence & integration activities of M&A or other equivalent transactions that were critical to the growth of the organization.
- Relevant experience conducting security due diligence & leading through integrations (both IT & Security) at a tech organization.
- Deep knowledge of security practices & controls applied to pragmatically address security risks.
- Experience executing complex projects & delivering to time commitments with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills & ability to establish trust with internal/external partners.
- Organized, self-driven, & comfortable handling high-profile & complex situations.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills.
- Comprehensive understanding of security domains, processes, risks & controls.
- Excellent communicator who is seen as a subject matter expert, & can influence at all levels of an organization.
- Clear, professional, & concise communications (written/verbal), presentation & facilitation skills.
- Consulting experience a plus
- Consultative approach & persuasive communication with partners
- Ability to take initiative & to set priorities independently
- Strong organizational skills & attention to detail
This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 20-30% of the time.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.