As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa's Network Software Engineering team is looking for curious, creative, & talented technologists to join our team. You will be developing solutions that will automate configuring, monitoring & processing alerts of network resources & also you will be building web apps to support self-service for users to configure, monitor & manage network resources. Your solution will focus on exposing network hardware as APIs to configure, monitor & automate as much as possible in order to improve the overall efficiency & reliability of our Network operations & monitoring.We are looking for someone with serious software development skills, strong interest in DevOps & Network Automation, & a passion for continuously delivering reliable software. You will be an integral part of the agile development team, & will be assigned a variety of tasks pertaining to design build & test of software applications & services.Your main focus will be on Network Automationtasks;however, other tasks will be assigned depending on need such as code design tasks, software coding tasks, bug fixes, or manual testing of new functionality. You will always be working on ways to facilitate better quality through the design, implementation, & execution of automating network resources.
This role is for an individual whose experience with software development forms a strong basis for designing automated network solutions that will ensure that we deliver high quality services. It is important that youhave a passionnot only for understanding how the solutions work from a functional standpoint, but also for digging into the code to really understand what has been built to verify that the solution meets quality standards as well as functional requirements.
This position will be based inAustin,USA & reporting to Director of Network Software Engineering. If this sounds exciting, we want to chat & tell you more about our work culture & environment & see if this will be a good fit for both of us.
In this role, you will work closely with UX designers, software engineers & product owners to build pixel perfect layouts, user interface components, & single page applications for a variety of websites & applications. You will work on a very agile team & be expected to context shift quickly between projects.
- Analyze existing software for Usability & Accessibility issues & provide recommendations for improvement
- Work with a diverse team of product owners, UX designers, & developers in a fast paced environment, with quick iterative cycles
- Keep up to date with the latest trends in web engineering & introduce them into projects when appropriate
- Evangelizing UI/UX front-end best practices & Accessibility for web
- Fielding inquiries & requests for support from stakeholders
- 4 -5 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or 2 -3 Years with an Masters.
- 5+ years of experience required
- Experience implementing pixel perfect layouts & UI components using Angular or React (required)
- Experience building Single Page Applications that consume REST services (Required)
- Experience with one server-side web application framework & language like Angular, JS/NodeJS,etc. (Required)
- Understanding of UX & the design techniques & principals involved in the production of conceptual prototypes, wireframes, & HTML Prototypes (Required)
- Verbal & written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service & interpersonal skills (Required)
- Ability to work independently & manage one's time (Required)
- Web Standards & Accessibility Best Practices (Required)
- Ability to analyze written requirements & visually conceptualize the user interface & application flows (Required)
- Responsive Design Principles (Required)
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 5% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.