You will be a part of our global legal team that works cross-functionally to help achieve Asanas ambitious mission of enabling all teams to work together effortlessly. Were a tight-knit, collaborative group responsible for supporting all teams throughout the organization to ensure they have the resources they need to be successful while likewise protecting Asanas core values & interests. We run ideas past each other, we problem-solve together, we partner with other groups to navigate them through challenging issues, & were growing our team.
Specifically, were looking for an EMEA Commercial Contracts Manager. Based out of Dublin, this role requires someone skilled at supporting multiple teams across a business with a wide variety of commercial contracts, who can also think strategically about how to scale our legal services in EMEA during a period of growth. This is a great opportunity to join a mission-driven company & offers exposure to a wide variety of issues with the opportunity for advancement & personal development. This role reports to Asanas Head of Legal based in San Francisco.
What youll achieve
- Work closely with our in-house attorneys & legal operations team to manage the contract review process for a variety of commercial contracts, including NDAs, Order Forms, MSAs, statements of work, & data processing addendums.
- Maintain Asanas contract management system & implementation & enforcement of contract policies across EMEA.
- Provide guidance to cross-functional teams on commonly requested edits, non-standard terms & general contractual questions.
- Review requests to modify contracts, while working with internal business partners to negotiate terms & obtaining approvals for modifications as required.
- Draft & revise contract wording while assessing risk & providing recommendations to protect Asanas interests.
- Support the business, & legal team members on legal review for Request for Proposal (RFPs) & Security Questionnaires.
- Provide administrative support to in-house legal staff, including research, correspondence & record-keeping.
- Execute assigned projects as determined by the needs of the business & legal team.
- Assist with efforts to improve & coordinate continuing education, online resources & training programs for Asanas.
- Be a champion for a better, faster & simpler way of doing things.
- Apply original, innovative thinking & continuous improvement to processes, products, systems, or services & manage change to better service customer needs.
- Law degree
- Qualified as a solicitor in Ireland or the UK preferred
- 1 - 3 years of post-qualification experience
- Fluent in English, fluency in second language preferred
- Prior experience working in-house required
- Demonstrated experience working cross-functionally & preferably with sales & marketing teams
- Comfortable working with & around technology
- Excellent analytical & problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills.
- Outstanding leadership & interpersonal skills with a proven track record of building relationships
- Demonstrated ability to work independently & as part of a team
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. More than 75,000 organizations & millions of users rely on Asana, including AirAsia, AllBirds, Grab, KLM Air France, Kohls, Sephora, Traveloka, & Viessmann. Asana has been named a Top 5 Best Workplace & the #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area by Fortune three years in a row, & one of Glassdoors ands Best Places to Work. With nine global offices, including a San Francisco headquarters & flagship offices in Dublin, New York, Sydney, & Tokyo, Asana is always looking for curious, collaborative, & mission-driven people to help us enable the worlds teams to work together effortlessly.