About the role: You will assist in managing 50-150 team members to ensure our Supply Center has a best-in-class culinary production operation & each of our restaurants receives the quality ingredients they need to serve our guests.
About the team: The Supply Center supports our restaurants with quality ingredients & standards. You will report to the Supply Center Production Manager, based out of Hunts Point, with travel to restaurants on an as-needed basis.
- Track yields for all production; raw product packing & prepared foods
- Ensure that all recipes are current & trained to all production staff
- Make daily rotations through all production rooms connecting with all supervisors on improving food quality & processes
- Build & track food sensory quality programs for all batches made in the facility
- Create training documents & spec sheets for all production items
- Work with management & supervisors on weekly production planning
- Create & manage batch sheets for daily production
- Act as liaison between Dig Inn corporate culinary experts & Supply Center staff to execute recipe & process updates
- Build out training schedules & train production staff on culinary tricks of the trade
- Ensure that all food being packed for the day is in restaurant-ready, top-quality condition
- Perform daily raw produce scans to make decisions on product cycling based on quality
- A joy for cooking & excellent kitchen skills attained from a culinary degree or equivalent field experience
- 5+ years of experience in restaurants, including working with high volume
- Excellent communication (verbal & written) skills in both English & Spanish
- Strong work ethic & an obsession for getting the job done well
- Good business sense & working with numbers
- Ability to problem solve in situations involving many moving parts
- Two words: organization & cleanliness.
- A current ServeSafe certificate
- Creativity, an open mind, & a sense of humor
Work perks: Aside from your the standard job description fare (competitive pay, medical, dental, vision) we also offer:
- Commuter benefits
- Company farm trips
- Complimentary supply center team lunch everyday
Dig Inn is a farm-to-table food company with over 20 locations in New York & the Northeast, serving seasonal vegetables & culinary comfort food on an urban scale.
The company is built on a culture of driven curiosity & ambitious innovation, finding & implementing new solutions to offering a simple, healthy, affordable meal. Our mission is to build a better food system (one vegetable at a time) that offers a better deal to customers, cooks, & farmers alike.
Since getting started in 2011, we have focused on the essentials of our missionbuilding kitchens, training chefs, & developing one-on-one relationships with over 50 partner farms. The next few years will be a period of expansion, as we open in new cities & use the platform weve built for a better conversation around sourcing, cooking, & the business of food.
And did we mention free Dig Inn for all employees? We strongly recommend the sweet potatoes.
Dig Inn believes in the power of a shared table to bring people together as we are committed to building a culturally inclusive team. Diverse candidates encouraged to apply.