WHO ARE WE?
The tech team builds the systems & apps that communicate with our customers, warehouses, customer service, payment providers, & more. In short, we create & manage the systems that keep the business running and, more importantly, make dogs happy. We work collaboratively (no such thing as a dumb question) & scientifically (test & measure whenever we can), while taking the work--but not ourselves--too seriously. We generally work on squads of engineers, product designers, data analysts, QA & product management. We also work closely with stakeholders throughout the company to get things done. We see technology as a means to an end; we love solving problems & making the most of our time!
WHO WERE LOOKING FOR:
Were looking for a Product Designer based in our New York City office. As a Product Designer at BARK, you will use your expertise to help evolve the user experience & product vision for our existing & future product lines.
- Collaborate, sketch, whiteboard, wireframe, deliver pixel-perfect deliverables, & iterate to learn how to improve our digital experiences.
- Produce product design UI deliverables for collaboration & handoff with Engineering
- Help lead evolution of our design system/s across different product verticals
- Bring a user-centered mindset to solve user problems through design
- Contribute to our design culture through thought leadership & collaboration
- Conceptualize & design solutions that meet/exceed strategic objectives from various departments (marketing, platform, growth, margin, retail, etc.)
- Collaborate with team members to execute rounds of user testing to validate hypotheses & de-risk new features & releases with user interviews, moderated and/or unmoderated usability tests, surveys & screener creation, etc.
- At least 3 years experience working as a Product or UI/UX Designer.
- Experience designing for native (iOS & Android) mobile experiences as well as experience with responsive mobile design.
- Experience with e-commerce or digital marketing is a plus.
- Understanding of best design practices for WCAG compliance for Accessibility .
- Confidence to bring new tools & fresh ways of thinking to the table.
- Hands-on experience leading planning & executing rounds of research (screener & survey development, problem space interviews, usability tests, etc.).
- Experience collaborating on user research & usability testing (functional usability, A/B, user interviews, moderated/unmoderated, etc.).
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Strong portfolio including examples of elegant UI designs that showcase your user-centered design thinking.
- A passion for doing more than just making things look pretty.
- Understanding of best, leanest ways to test & de-risk product assumptions before shipping, avoiding as much research bias as possible.
- Ability to produce elegant UI designs using industry best practices of typography, color, graphics, & layout.
- Expert proficiency in commonly used visual design & prototyping tools such as Sketch, Invision, Abstract, Adobe CC, etc.
- Superior verbal & written communication skills are a must (articulating design decisions, evangelizing design thinking, soft-skill team collaboration skills for cross functional teams, etc.).
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, fluid environment, handling a variety of assignments & technologies.
- Must love dogs!
This position is a full-time, salaried position. BARK currently has offices in NYC & Columbus, Ohio, but for the right candidates working remotely is also an option. We offer health insurance for both you & your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, cold brew on tap, & a dog to pet anytime you wish.
Here at BARK, we love dogs & their people. Were looking to make all dogs happy throughout the entire world (were not kidding). Think Disney for dogs -- we make magic for dogs & their people through our products, events, & experiences.
Our ambition level is high, the opportunity is huge, & our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly-themed subscription of all-natural treats & clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 70 million toys & treats to the dogs across the world & use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives & ways to make magic between dogs & their people. Weve since expanded into other offerings as well, as we aim to become THE Dog Company for every family with a four-legged, belly-scratch-loving, interspecies family member.