Codecademy was started in 2011 by two college students in a dorm room at Columbia that were frustrated by the huge gap between education & employment. Almost a decade later, we are a growing, diverse team of 100+ headquartered in SoHo, NYC. Weve raised over $40m in venture capital funding from top investors including Union Square Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Naspers, Y Combinator, & more.
If you want to help build a business that impacts tens of millions of people each year & helps them lead better lives, join us!
We are seeking an analytical, creative, & motivated individual to drive business decisions for Codecademy. This person will be responsible for business insights & decisions that drive Codecademys growth in current & future markets.
The ideal candidate for this position must have deep knowledge of leveraging data to generate business insights throughout multiple business verticals & comes with a strong technical background of working with large scale analytical environments.
This person will work closely with various functional groups as well as the business community on multiple projects simultaneously while building Codecademys analytics team & capabilities. They will be able to communicate & collaborate effectively, as they will be working across multiple functions & with both technical & business-oriented staff.
WHAT YOULL DO
- Drive the creation, standardization, & utilization of business metrics throughout Codecademy
- Develop the business analytics function as a meaningful contributor to Codecademy growth & build the BA team
- Assist the product, finance, & business teams in building business cases & analyzing data
- Oversee & implement projects that drive insights from our user base to make better business decisions
- Monitor key metrics, identify business trends, & forecasts
- Work closely with Engineering & Data Science to ensure that the right data is generated & collected
WHAT YOULL NEED
- 7+ years of demonstrated success in analytics and/or data science
- Managerial & mentoring experience required; successful onboarding of new employees a plus
- Fluent in various database technologies & Excel; comfortable using various data access tools
- Experience with languages such as Python and/or R
- Experience creating & maintaining dashboards using data visualization tools
- Self-motivated, organized, collaborative, & proactive, demonstrated success working across teams & functions
- Excellent communication skills demonstrated by working with senior executives both internally & externally
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU STAND OUT
- Interest in coding or passion for empowering others through education
- Proficiency with SQL & analyzing large datasets
At Codecademy, we are committed to teaching people the skills they need to upgrade their careers. Codecademy aims to educate a richly diverse demographic of learners with our product & in order to accomplish this, we believe our team should reflect that rich diversity. Our company celebrates diversity in all of its forms-- race, gender, color, national origin, marital status, sexuality, religion, veteran status, age, ability, disability status-- & works to create an inclusive workplace where people of all backgrounds & beliefs are empowered to better their futures.