Were hiring a Senior Technical Project Manager.
About our team & what well build together
We are looking for an individual who is passionate about taking on new challenges, finding solutions & attaining goals to help us drive our mission forward! This role will report to our Director of Product Operations & support across multiple verticals including Product Development, Production Support, Data, & Design. The ideal candidate will have demonstrable experience as a professional Technical Project Manager or ScrumMaster & have the strong ability to drive & track operational goals while refining process & output reporting.
How youll contribute to our mission
The Senior Technical Project Manager (TPM) is a servant leader focused on transparency, inspection & adaptation. The ideal candidate has an appetite for relentless improvement & is a champion of Agile/Lean practices that achieve delivery flow. You will work to establish a trusting & safe team environment where problems can be addressed without blame or judgment, with a focus on problem solving & a "learn by doing" environment. The position is responsible for TPM activities on one or more Agile Teams that are part of one or more Agile Release Trains.
- Assist the Agile team to achieve its goals
- Coach/train teams on Agile/Lean tools, techniques, & knowledge
- Manage impediments & barriers outside of the Agile Team's control
- Uses data/metrics to evaluate team performance & drive continuous improvement
- Provide day-to-day coordination, support, & coaching to the team to encourage adoption of agile practices
- Champion support of evolving processes with focus on relentless improvement
- Foster transparency & alignment through management of Agile Team information radiators
- Facilitate Agile Team ceremonies that support team delivery flow, e.g. planning, retrospectives, demos, etc.
- Facilitate Agile Team preparation & readiness for ART events
- Support the Product Manager in their role of setting strategy & prioritizing work
- Coach Team on becoming self-organizing & introducing technical techniques used in Agile for continuous improvement like Pair Programming & Test Driven Development.
- Help coordinate inter-team cooperation & communication for all team members (may be geographically distributed)
- Build trust, & work collaboratively with all levels & areas of the organization
- Provide support for Agile Team/ART forecasting, estimating, & capacity planning
- Support DevOps practices, continuous deployment pipeline & release activities.
- Coach new SM/TPMs on how methodology is applied within the organization.
- Identify & mitigate risks to minimize project uncertainty
Youre ready for this! Heres a bit more about what were looking for
Skills & Abilities
- Coaching, facilitation, & training skills
- Ability to manage timeboxes & facilitate productive events
- Ability to influence others, & to maintain persistence in the face of obstacles
- Understanding of SAFe & Agile principles & practices at a team & program level
- Critical thinking skills with the ability to guide people & groups through problem solving
- Ability to recognize when the team is making decisions that impact overall release train direction & escalate as appropriate.
- Effective communicator, both verbally & in writing, to many levels & areas of the company
- Ability to build relationships & influence in a matrixed organization
- Ability to lead teams, gain trust, & create an emphasis on continuous improvement
- Ability to explain the organizations Methodology & be contacted for coaching new department adoption & implementation of Agile.
Education & Experience
- Minimum of 6 years' experience as a dedicated Scrum Master or Technical Project Manager on one or more Agile development/engineering teams
- Experience with teams using Lean/Agile practices, e.g. Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, ScrumXP, etc.
- Preferred knowledge of concepts & practices for scaling agile
- Preferred experience with Jira & Jira Align
- Preferred Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or equivalent certification
- Preferred SAFe Agilist, or other SAFe/Agile/Lean certifications
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Project Management, Information Systems or related field; or equivalent experience
Why we love working here
We are mission driven & values driven:
We are collectively building an impactful brand for millennial women by helping them maneuver through lifes necessities. We are providing this community with information & resources so they have the ability, agency, & confidence to live their smartest lives. Every role has a purpose & allows us to equip & enable women to make their best decisions, feel more educated & have the right knowledge at the right time.
We are values driven at every point - how we work, the way we work & our culture come straight from our core values. Each of us supports this incredible brand & takes part in its continued growth, fulfilling the needs of our audience each & every day.
We put you & your personal lives first - we have a generous benefits policy that demonstrates we are listening to what our employees need:
- Unlimited vacation policy & generous holiday observances
- A hybrid working model with flexibility for remote work
- Comprehensive insurance plans & commuter benefits
- Auto-enrollment into a MassMutual 401(k) plan starting on your first day & employer contribution available after six months of employment
- Access to family building & fertility benefits
- Rewards for every work anniversary
- One month paid sabbatical after your five year anniversary as a full-time employee
We support our parents at all points on their journey:
- Generous paid parental leave
- Access to family building & fertility benefits
- Flexible & broad-scale child support program
Your well being is our priority:
- We honor Sacred Time in our workplace
- We have aligned company time off during the summer to truly allow for us all to break from our work at the same time
- We offer fitness membership reimbursement
- One Medical Membership is included with our benefits
We have a vibrant, collaborative, & supportive culture (we celebrate & have fun!):
- Weekly company updates led by our co-founders/co-CEOs
- Weekly lunch stipend for HQ employees
- Two opportunities each year for our entire organization to come together IRL in NYC
- Employee awards ceremonies to celebrate individual accomplishments
- Clubs & activities designed to meet other employees like book clubs, new hire buddy programs, rooftop lunches, off-sites, & wellness focused classes
- Numerous culture events that enable our workforce, in the office & remote, to connect & have fun
Your career & development are a priority:
- Annual learning & development stipend
- LEAD@theSkimm, our leadership development program
- DEI initiatives to ensure we are the best partners & colleagues to each other
- Career development guidance & planning
- Competitive salary & equity packages
- Complimentary access to theSkimms suite of membership products & swag
- The opportunity to be part of a values-driven, hardworking, & diverse group of people building a media company that makes it easier to live smarter
Our story, Skimmd
Were a mission-driven digital media company giving millennial women the information they need to live their smartest lives.
At our core, we are writers, editors, producers, designers, marketers, engineers, analysts, sellers, creatives, & strategists all working together to achieve this goal.
Since launching in 2012, we have become a trusted source for a community of millions of Skimmrs by seamlessly integrating into their existing routines, fundamentally changing the way our audience consumes news & makes decisions. Our flagship product, the Daily Skimm, remains the fastest-growing newsletter on the market, & we continue to innovate, find new ways to Skimm everything from finance & careers to voting, wellness & downtime. Our product suite has expanded to include three top-rated podcasts, Skimm This'', Pop Cultured, & 9 to 5ish, theSkimm mobile app, Skimm Money & Skimm Your Life newsletters, a new virtual course series called SkimmU, & Skimm Studios for innovative in-house video & audio content. Our first book, How to Skimm Your Life, was released in June 2019 & debuted at #1 on The New York Times Best Seller list.
And were not done! We continue to grow the breadth of our offerings in lifes necessary categories & by expanding our products across events, commerce, customized content, & audio, our ecosystem will become the go-to resource for this generation - & the ones that follow - in the most critical areas of their lives.
Come join us!
Learn more about us & our other opportunities here.
What about the office?
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY with flexibility for remote work.
Our office is available to use three days a week - Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday. We have a hybrid environment & ask that employees within the New York Metro area come together in person a minimum of three days per month. All other days are up to the discretion of the employees during the three days a week that the office will be open. We are continuing to closely monitor the state of COVID-19 in New York & will adjust this plan accordingly.
We will require COVID-19 vaccinations for anyone coming to our office. We are following CDC recommendations & will also require additional boosters, & will always follow CDC & NY state guidance on wearing masks in the office.