Here at Appian, were passionate about technology. We love making it, & we love using it. Joining Appian Engineering will provide you with the opportunity to learn in an environment that values cross-functional collaboration & is committed to personal & professional growth. We want to revolutionize the way people work, & in doing so, we develop the Appian platform to be simple so our customers can thrive.
Our documentation site is an important part of our customers experience, & we are looking for a web developer to design & develop new features for the site & improve the experience for both desktop & mobile users.
To be successful in this role, you need to:
- Write clean, well-documented, high-quality code that meets accepted standards, ensures optimal performance, & achieves business requirements.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to understand business needs.
- Design & develop site features that address business needs & improve the users experience.
- Collaborate with Quality Engineering to create & apply test plans to ensure proper behavior.
- Proactively improve the contributor experience & the product by refactoring existing code, fixing UX bugs, & implementing enhancements.
- Help establish smart, reusable systems to allow for contributors to leverage dynamic content.
Some of the tools & resources we will equip you with include:
- Within your first few weeks of joining us, you will attend new hire orientation along with our 2-day engineering bootcamp to ensure you are set up for success
- Access to over 1,000+ Udemy course, along with dedicated learning time to focus on areas you specifically would like to focus on as a programmer
- An agile-led work environment where you will be challenged & your ideas will be heard
- 2+ years of professional web development using common front-end web technologies (HTML, CSS, JS)
- Jekyll or other static site generators
- Liquid or other templating languages
- Familiarity with languages such as PHP, Python or Ruby
- Elasticsearch or Solr
- Mobile design & development
Appian helps organizations build apps & workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, & data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources & improve business results. Many of the worlds largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, & simplify global risk management & compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers & throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth & opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate & our employees are to thank for Appians success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com & let us know the nature of your request & your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.