Who we are:
At Convene, we're building a company that embraces visible & invisible diversity, encourages healthy integration of personal goals & professional development, & fosters community. Our team's evolution, values, & culture have been at the forefront of what we do since our founding.
What you'll do:
Were looking for an Account Director to join Convenes sales team. In this role, you will be responsible for developing business relationships & driving revenue in alignment with the company growth strategy. We need someone who can effectively engage our clients & build meaningful relationships.
- Responsible for management & development of 30 key accounts & building revenue generating relationships with all key contacts in those accounts
- Maintain & grow current & prospective clients & referral partners
- Attend trade shows, receptions, & informational sessions to prospect for new business
- Proactively solicit new business
- Rapidly respond to all client inquiries & other communications
- Generate BUILD Leads for properties in other regions
- Mentor members of the sales team & assist them with their growth & production
- Conduct & coordinate thorough site inspections, client appointments, & menu tastings
- Generate contracts to client specifications while adhering to internal pricing guidelines
- Maintain extensive knowledge of Convene space including but not limited to capacity charts, zone selling, & package pricing
- Maintain thorough knowledge of competitive set through bi-annual site inspections & relationships with counterparts
- Speak the company language
- Join at least one professional organization & hold a leadership position
- Reach & exceed budgeted goals per month & year
What we look for:
- College degree required (BS or BA)
- 8+ years hospitality sales experience in the local market
- Well-developed contacts within F500 & F1000 clients in the local market
- Ability to build client deck, maximize account revenue, & work effectively with clients
- Coach-centric approach to team leadership
At Convene, were changing the way the world works by transforming the way businesses work. By partnering with the largest landlords in commercial real estate, we design & service the next generation office building one that feels more like a full-service, lifestyle hotel. Our integrated workplace-as-a-service platform gives building tenants & enterprise clients access to a growing network of premium meeting & event spaces, flexible workspaces, hospitality services, & curated experiences for users, all connected by Convenes proprietary technology platform.
- Founded in 2009
- Locations in New York City, Boston, Philadelphia, Washington, D.C., & Los Angeles; Opening in Chicago in 2018 & plans to expand globally
- Launched Convene Workplace in 2017
- Ranked #11 Workplace in New York in 2017 by Fortune Magazine
- Ranked #30 in 2017 LinkedIn Annual List of Industry Disruptors
- 2018 Great Places to Work US
- 2018 Fortune Magazine Best Workplaces NY
In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: we believe our values drive behaviors to create culture. Together were building a culture that embraces diversity & learning, humility & gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously & strive for a healthy integration between work & personal pursuits.
Benefits you can expect as a Convene employee:
- Flexible PTO & family leave
- Generous professional development policy that includes funds earmarked for each employee's discretionary professional growth. Have a conference you want to attend? A class you want to take? If it's helping take your career to the next level, we support it. Each employee is required to have 65 hours of learning per year.
- Excellent health coverage for team members & their families
- Supportive work environment & a leader who is focused on your professional growth
- Company events that highlight our team's passions & hobbies
- Healthy snacks
Convene is committed to building an inclusive & diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer & welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities, & perspectives.
- Ability to walk/travel between properties
- Some Air/Train travel required
- Flexible & long hours sometimes required
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull & place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance
- Reach overheard & below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, & stooping
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time