Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, & meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, & books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly & 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $86 billion last year to $161 billion in 2025.
As the first publicly-traded (NYSE: SKLZ) mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry. The Skillz platform helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, & distributes millions in prizes each month.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross, Susan G. Komen, American Cancer Society, & NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of San Francisco Business Times Best Places to Work, Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies, a two-time winner of CNBCs Disruptor 50, one of Forbes Next Billion-Dollar Startups, & the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the 5000.
What We're Looking For:
Our Head of Total Rewards will provide strategic leadership for the design, development & administration of Skillz's compensation, rewards, & recognition programs. Skillzs success is a testament to the remarkable Skillzians who have joined the company, allowing us to grow year over year since inception. This role will be vital in designing an ongoing total rewards strategy to support a high performing culture that attracts, motivates, retains, & rewards Skillz employees.
What You Will Do:
- Own & evolve Skillz's total compensation, incentive, equity, rewards, & benefits programs for all levels of employees to drive business results, enable hiring & retention, & to ensure an exceptional employee experience
- Build & lead a team of 1-3 Total Rewards professionals/analysts
- Educate leaders & employees on Skillzs compensation philosophies & programs
- Design & recommend benefits & perks programs by assessing employee requirements, reviewing competitor & general industry practices, & analyzing cost impact/effectiveness
- Partner with HRBPs & Leadership team members to advise & influence business decisions related to hiring & retention of high performing teams
- Strategize with the Talent Acquisition, HR, & Leadership teams to develop competitive offers rooted in market data & aligned with our compensation philosophy, for new & existing Skillzians
- Work collaboratively to improve Rewards processes, workflow, & systems
- 10+ years of experience in a leadership role heading up total compensation strategy, including executive compensation, sales & incentive compensation, & equity compensation
- Global compensation & benefits strategy experience a plus
- Proven track record hiring & managing highly performant Total Rewards teams
- History of promotion/advancement & increasing responsibility
- Quantitative & data-driven able to draw insights from data while making strong intuitive decisions when data is imperfect or unattainable
- Hungry & energized to hit ambitious goals
- Proven ability to build process in a rapid-growth environment
- Passion for building innovative total rewards & programs that are unique, creative & effective
- CCP, CBP or SPHR certification a plus