Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where & Why
Twilio seeks a Product Director to be a key leader in defining a new offering in the customer engagement space. The person in this role will be critical in shaping a Programmable App designed to provide support agents with critical context needed to solve customer problems efficiently.
As Product Director of a new Programmable App, you will lead product managers that are building a data platform, front-end visualization layer & ML-driven APIs that deliver intelligent audience & personalization recommendations. You will be taking this product from inception to scale across a complex distributed, global platform with availability, throughput, & latency challenges. You will be responsible for establishing & managing relationships with F500 design partners, as well as the voice of the customer & product in C-level leadership strategy conversations.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic. They also have:
- You are first & foremost a people person who has the ability to attract & motivate top talent. You are curious, collaborative, humble, & have empathy as a key trait.
- You have experience managing product managers for 4-5 years (eng managers a bonus!).
- You have hands-on experience shipping customer-facing apps with heavy ML & data components in the support field.
- Youre at your best when working with customers, comfortable digging into APIs with developers & talking high level strategy with business leaders
- You have experience managing a remote & diverse international team, & collaborating with engineering across multiple time zones including Bangalore.
- You have a flexible leadership style & demonstrated experience working with senior product leadership to help define, distill & communicate an app product strategy.
- You have experience setting a high bar for your team through BPMs/OKRs & defining the KPIs for their success.
- You are a master of agile processes & have managed products with 6+ scrum teams
- Youre a connector - you have a knack for connecting people & building bridges across different teams & locations. Youre also an agent of change - you leverage your communication skills & EQ to facilitate the adoption of what you build.
- Youre able to distill complex & ambiguous situations into actionable plans for your team.
- You are highly organized. With many people doing many things in a fast-paced environment, strong organizational skillsboth for yourself & for the organizationwill be required.
- Youve solved complex problems & have the aptitude to navigate uncharted waters.
- Bonus: You have a CS background & an MBA.
As a Director, Product Management you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- DONT SETTLE: Keep your product managers connected with other product teams across the company for multiple strategic initiatives. Provide support & guidance that enables the team to self-organize & to predictably deliver customer value. Foster a culture that encourages individual decision-making & innovation. Inclusive communication will also be critical to maintaining alignment & our culture across our global locations.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMERS SHOES: Collaborate on roadmaps with product & engineering leaders across San Francisco, Denver, Madrid, London & Bangalore to ensure the team has clear direction (the why!) & priorities rooted in customer data.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Inspire your teams & manage their career development by providing coaching & mentoring to junior members while guiding senior contributors to maximize their potential. Provide continuous performance feedback, collaborate with employees on their objectives & provide a clear path for progression through personal development plans. Act as an ambassador for Twilio, recruiting & motivating top talent.
- BE INCLUSIVE: Be hands-on with the team - both product & engineering. You are not expected to deliver code, but you should possess enough technical experience in cloud-based infrastructure design & operations to recognize the important decisions your team faces & give meaningful advice, based on customer use cases.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Institute product management best practices - ensure the team produces high quality customer research, understands & communicates the problem, & documents the solution (UX, APIs docs, blueprints) & GTM strategy (including pricing).
- BE AN OWNER: Foster leadership principles & behaviors throughout the organization to build up the next generation of leaders.
- Travel required - up to 25% of the time post-COVID
Today, Twilio powers the delivery of billions of the worlds communications. Increasingly, were hearing from our B2C customers that theyre struggling to harness the massive amounts of valuable data they generate, much of which stems from the communications we help them send. We seek to uncover how Twilio can help customers utilize their valuable data to create unique, individualized experiences that their competitors cant replicate. We want to help them become more proactive (outcome-driven) than reactive (event-driven) in their customer engagements. We are a new initiative & team at Twilio that will function much like an internal start-up. If you want to shape the future of B2C Customer Engagement & Twilio, this team is for you!
Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world & we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits & perks to support the physical, financial, & emotional well being of you & your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work & be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.