Senior Software Engineer, Big Data Activation
LiveRamp is the leading data connectivity platform. We believe connected data has the power to change the world. Our platform powers insights & experiences centered around the needs of real people, & in ways that keep the Internet open for all. LiveRampers thrive on building together with curiosity & humilityand have a good bit of fun along the way. Were always looking for smart, kind, & creative people to grow our team & impact.
Mission: LiveRamp makes it safe & easy for businesses to use data effectively.
The Big Data Activation team is responsible for the main data delivery pipeline of the LiveRamp platform. The team processes tens of thousands of batch requests per day, ranging in size from GBs to tens of TBs, & provides detailed monitoring, statistics, error recovery, & resiliency to power this core product.
The team is in the process of developing the next generation API for more generic & intuitive configurations for delivery, & re-architecting the interactions between sub-components to better modularize & generalize the core delivery system of the LiveRamp platform to power novel use cases & to scale more effectively.
The team codes in Java & utilizes Docker for containerization, Kubernetes for deployment, the Google Cloud Platform for infrastructure & managed services (eg. Databases, Pub/Sub, Dataproc), & Cadence for workflow orchestration, among other open source technologies.
- Work collaboratively in a small team of engineers to scale a system processing petabytes of data every day.
- Help shape the future of our big data technology platform.
- Infuse industry best practices into our team processes & development practices.
- Assist in architectural design & implementation of our systems & interfaces.
- Develop our data processing pipelines using technology such as Spark, Dataproc, & Kubernetes.
- Research & experiment strategies to optimize the performance & efficiency of petabytes of data processing.
- Foster a positive environment of integrity, empowerment, initiative, & teamwork.
- Provide operational support for our teams production systems.
- Share the remarkable work of our Activations team with the world through tech talks, blog posts, whitepapers, & conference participation.
- Learn & grow in your role & career.
Your team will:
- Experiment with & leverage new open source technology to build highly scalable distributed workflow orchestration & data processing systems (check out https://cadenceworkflow.io/ for a recent example).
- Define & iterate on LiveRamps next generation of platform APIs to expose complex data processing functionality in intuitive interfaces.
- Help define & drive forward the architectural vision of the LiveRamp platform.
- Design, optimize, improve, & maintain multiple different big data applications/products.
- Extract the highest value & most useful features from the Google Cloud Platform to ensure that our applications are scalable, cost-effective, & maintainable.
- 3+ years of experience writing & deploying high-quality production code.
- Solid Java or Scala programming skills.
- Have made significant & meaningful development contributions to team projects involving distributed systems operating at scale.
- Communication skills to share highly technical information with technical & non-technical teammates.
- Deeply inquisitive. Always asking why we do things & how we can do them better.
- Thrive in a collaborative environment.
- Demonstrated ability to build sustainable technical solutions that verifiably meet specific, well-defined business requirements.
- Experience with big data systems that process petabytes of data.
- Experience with GCP, Kubernetes, Dataproc, Cadence, or Spark.
- People: Work with talented, collaborative, & friendly people who love what they do.
- Fun: We host in-person & virtual events such as game nights, happy hours, camping trips, & sports leagues.
- Work/Life Harmony: Flexible paid time off, options for working from home, & paid parental leave.
- Whole Health Package: Medical, dental, vision, & disability insurance. Plus mental health support (via Talkspace) & a fitness reimbursement up to $100 per month.
- Savings: Our 401K matching plan1:1 match up to 6% of salaryhelps you plan ahead (U.S. LiveRampers)
- RampRemote: A comprehensive office equipment & ergonomics programwe help you set up your home office (Home-based LiveRampers)
- Location: work in the heart of *San Francisco* and/or from home (remote-eligible roles)
More about us:
LiveRamps mission is to connect data in ways that matter, & doing so starts with our people. We know that inspired teams enlist people from a blend of backgrounds & experiences. And we know that individuals do their best when they not only bring their full selves to work but feel like they truly belong. Connecting LiveRampers to new ideas & one another is one of our guiding principlesone that informs how we hire, train, & grow our global team across nine countries & four continents. Click here to learn more about Diversity, Inclusion, & Belonging (DIB) at LiveRamp.
LiveRamp is an affirmative action & equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE/W/M/Vet/Disabled) & does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training, promotion or other employment of associates or the awarding of subcontracts because of a person's race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, protected veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics or other protected status. Qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
To all recruitment agencies: LiveRamp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, LiveRamp employees or any other company location. LiveRamp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.