At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
We are seeking a Director, Technical Accounting, External Financial Reporting & M&A, who will report directly to the Chief Accounting Officer & work closely with our Chief Financial Officer. This is a critical Finance leadership role that will interface across various teams, LOBs & senior levels of the Company, as well as the internal & external auditors. You will provide leadership & technical guidance of accounting policy development & financial reporting within the assigned functional area(s).
You & your teams breadth will include accounting research, drafting accounting policies & memos, providing technical support to members of the Finance & Accounting team & M&A diligence. As the subject matter expert on all technical accounting topics, you will take ownership of all research, documentation, implementation of FASB pronouncements as well as partner closely with Investor Relations in the areas of external financial reporting. Equally, you will lead the preparation of financial filings with the Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC), insurance & investments reporting & special projects as needed. You will also be entrusted with all oral & written communication with senior leadership & external auditors for technical accounting, reporting, & accounting policies.
- Provide strategic leadership of short & long-term technical accounting goals that are aligned with Lyfts mission & Core Values
- Review, interpret & develop diverse policies to ensure compliance with company policies & procedures, GAAP, Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB), Emerging Issues Task Force (EITF), & other regulatory requirements. Introduce thoughtful accounting techniques as a means to implement positive change and/or create organizational structure
- Provide interpretation of new GAAP & SEC rules & regulations & their potential effect on the business. Ensure clear & concise written documentation of accounting conclusions & accounting policies.
- Lead the coordination of external valuations on significant acquisitions & acts as a liaison between external valuation experts & the external audit team. Drive the analysis & financial due diligence processes to measure the performance of proposed acquisitions and/or business opportunities.
- Lead technical accounting research, prepare technical accounting memos & communicate technical accounting conclusions. Oversee the preparation of the quarterly & annual required SEC filings.
- Direct process improvement projects; delegating & managing project execution & planning.
- Maintain a positive, results-oriented work environment & provide leadership, guidance & coaching for all direct reports to maintain an engaged & productive workforce
- Collaborate with leadership across the company to establish clear & concise development plans to ensure succession planning, & advancement of future leaders within team
- Minimal travel may be required when circumstances permit in the future
- Close to 15+ years related experience, including several years of experience prior in one of the Big 4 public accounting firms
Youve had extensive exposure to SEC reporting, M&A transactions, & financial statement analysis - Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license is required. Also, strong working knowledge of accounting methods & workflows
- Youve multiple times over managed teams directly (7+ in headcount ideal) & are invested in building teams with diverse backgrounds & perspectives
- Hands-on leader. Youre resourceful, forward-thinking, drawn to building off of ambiguous & unsolved problems & have an "own the outcome" mindset. Also, thrive in a fast-paced, high energy environment
- Youre well-versed in leading large cross-functional, collaborative teams as well as directly managing small teams. Youre an exceptionally strong collaborator that brings groups together to make impact
- You have a lot of exposure to influencing & partnering with a diverse group of stakeholders, able to partner with deeply technical as well as operational, business-minded leaders
- You devote time to & are passionate about educating, mentoring & teaching partners the values & business impact behind technical accounting
- Your strengths span both analytical & organizational skills as well as excellent oral & written communication skills. Most importantly, exceptionally detail-oriented
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive & diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state & local law.