At Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT), were unlocking the power of educator-created content. More than 2 out of 3 of U.S. teachers come to TpT every year to get teacher-tested, engaging, & rigorous materials. What began as a humble exchange for teachers looking to share lesson plans has since exploded into an education powerhouse where teachers have created more than 3 million resources for all aspects of PreK-12 education. More than five million educators worldwide (including teachers, administrators, & parents) have downloaded TpT resources more than a billion times. If you havent heard of TpT yet & want to learn more, just talk to a teacher about us. Or try this recent article in Forbes.
Who we are looking for
Were a team of good people doing great things. We listen first. We love our work. And we are all teachers & learners in whatever we do. We believe that productivity is never an accident. Its the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, passionate team work, & focused effort. We want every day to be fun & to matter.
The TpT Search & Personalization team is focused on helping educators find the right resource at the right time. We are seeking a hands-on, talented, innovative, motivated leader to join our team.
As the engineering manager for Search & Personalization, you will help shape the long-term product & technical vision & own its implementation. You will design & build data-driven technology to improve the lives of educators.You will help the team adapt to changing needs & grow as individuals.
Like all engineering managers at TpT, you will manage product goals & execution, set technical direction & guide product strategy while collaborating closely with other leaders & executives.
- Shape our long-term vision for Search & Personalization
- Make iterative, data-driven improvements to the Search experience
- Leverage machine learning to make personalized recommendations
- Recruit, lead, & mentor engineers to helpTpT reach its full potential
- Be an active member of the engineering community by blogging & speaking about your experiences at TpT
Qualities for a successful candidate
- 3+ years of engineering management experience leading high performing teams tackling difficult problems.
- Strong communicator who can crisply explain complex technical concepts
- Collaborates with product managers, community relations, & other engineering leaders in the org
- Comfortable with lean engineering & project management practices with a track record of successfully managing & delivering several large projects
- Loves to move fast & iterate to create high-quality data products
- Has a ship-it attitude
- Experience with search/information retrieval, recommendation systems, machine learning, or NLP.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training/work experience.
Bonus points for experience with
- eCommerce and/or marketplaces