Brex is revolutionizing financial services for businesses, starting with corporate cards & cash management for startups. We are building the product from first principles, enabling us to have unparalleled features & a seamless, modern experience for our customers. With backing from top venture firms & industry veterans such as Peter Thiel & Max Levchin, Brex is one of the fastest-growing startups to date, & were looking for someone to help scale the company with incredible people across the board.
Based in New York, our team is committed to creating a driven & diverse company with ambitious people from wide-ranging backgrounds. We are looking for people with a strong sense for exceptional products, a keen eye to detail, & comfort learning new technologies. Most importantly, were looking for people who are enthusiastic about working with a variety of backgrounds, roles, & needs.
As the Manager of Banking & Platform Partnerships, you will build a brand-new distribution channel within financial institutions & platforms. Your immediate focus will be to develop & execute on a scalable strategy to acquire new Brex customers via financial institutions. You will own new partnerships from sourcing through activation & work closely with our Partner Management team to ensure the continued success of the relationships you build.
- Work closely with Brexs product teams to build first of a kind partnership within financial institutions, payment processors, & ecommerce platforms
- Lead Brexs bank partnerships strategy & be the internal expert in understanding the banking & payments industry
- Build a pipeline of new financial institution partners, navigate the partner organizations, advocate for Brexs value proposition, & influence key decision makers to execute on partnerships
- Work with legal & other cross-functional teams to negotiate partnership structures that address Brexs needs
- Travel 15-30% of the time to in-person meetings with banks & conferences
What We Value
- At least 5 years of partnerships experience working at or with financial institutions (ideally card issuers / payments)
- Experience negotiating partnerships with financial institutions, some from start to finish
- Technical expertise and/or deep knowledge of financial institutions
- Ability to think creatively & work fast
- Experience building creative product strategies & go to market models, at a start-up or financial institution